Knee warmers ... newbie advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
I have arm and leg warmers (though not used them yet) and find them useful and understand them. I'm wondering if Knee one's are any good, useful and worth having or are they something you end up buying and don't use ?

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a pair That come to mid shin I've used maybe 5 times, they fit ok until I start pedalling and then the Nora Batty look takes hold! :laugh: I prefer 3/4 length knickers...but they look less daft on women than men :whistle:

Arm warmers great, full length leg warmers don't see the point. If it's that cold, I'm wearing tights

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Knee warmers are an essential part of my cycling kit. As I am getting older my knees are creaking more in the colder months. I find longs and leg warmers too much most times. Knee warmers are a good balance

Knee warmers are pretty vital at this time of year through to the start of next summer. Just now, Autumn and Spring they used most by me but if its not too cold I'll use them through winter too on harder rides, for me they offer a good balance of keeping knee joints protected without overheating.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've got a couple of pairs of merino arm warmers and pretty much always stuff a pair in the back pocket of my jersey even in summer - they're light enough to carry and a simple way of adding a layer if it gets a bit cool, or if I need to keep the sun off my delicate skin. ;)
I also have some more heavy duty ones that I use for layering during the winter.

Knee warmers, I was a bit dubious but now I've tried them they're an essential bit of autumn / winter kit and do a good job of keeping the chills out of my creaky knees when it's not cold enough for full bib tights, or when setting off early and expecting it to warm up later as they're easily removed.

Top Bottom