Knees - Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sankey46

Hi
Just a bit of advice needed please :-)
Over the last week my knees have started to ache at the end if the day. I commute 20 miles each way and have done for nearly a year.
The only change that I can think of is the weather is chillier and I have altered to a more on road route (scared of ghosts and murderers in the dark shadows of the TPT !!)
Any ideas or solutions gratefully received

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Keep your knees covered :smile:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
If nothing else has changed ( cleat position - saddle height) then it's just a product of the cold. Knees are susceptable to the cold by design.

kedab

Veteran
maybe think about some compression thermals if the standard thermals aren't helping? it's nearly christmas after all :rolleyes: other than that rather expensive option...get the deep heat out :thumbsup:

Berties

Fast and careful!
my knees trouble me from time to time and by wearing leg warmers does help,i still say a lot of riders do not stretch after a ride this does not do your knees any good at all,i run a couple of days a week so if i don't stretch i get all sorts of trouble,your calves get tight and knees will get sore and then you have the chance of secondary leg injuries,i have had achilles tears due to not stretching fully,i try to get a sports massage before my legs get to sore,but stretching can reduce the pain of this

Drago

Legendary Member
And get em nice and warm before straining them grinding a heavy gear.

I recently suffered knee grief and thanks to the advice from our awesome CC Brothers the problem was identified and I'm now sorted.

Top Bottom