Knight or Bull Dog ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

Some of you may know that I have placed around half a dozen or so members on "Ignore". Until I remove the ignore from their profile I have no direct way of knowing if they have posted unless it is historical in which case it is blocked out. I have to say this is extremely liberating.
As a bit of fun and with no disrespect to anyone I have devised a collective name for this group and they are called "The Knights". Sounds noble and respectful don't you think? Henceforth if I need to refer to the group in any way it shall be "The Knights". They have a leader. Someone who over time has been the victor on many a forum battle and who is revered by the group. If he finds a chink he attacks mercilessly, withdraws, and then like a pack of wolves the rest descend on you with triumphant whoops as they discover the slightest missed grammar or factual error and go for the kill. Much like "The Keto Diet" thread in "Health and Fitness".

So why "The Knights". One thing they have in common is that they all take statins drugs. I know they are crazy but WTF. And with due regard to the Moody Blues hit song "Knights in White Satin", this group I call "Knights in White Statin", Too long so shortened to "The Knights". The leader is of course "The Man" and henceforth if required to I shall refer to him accordingly.

What about the Bull Dogs? There is only an association, no declaration required for this group. Basically if you have suffered or intimidated by them now or in the past simply place them on ignore. It's really really good.

Last edited:

snorri

Legendary Member
I feel it may be worth my while investigating the Ignore function.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

BTW I am an extremely driven and disciplined person and there is no way whatsoever that I will be tempted to lift the veil on "The Knights" posts.
Do you ever get the impression that some people that this forum a little too seriously.
Try being on the end of their invective for a while and you'll see what I mean. I Know state that taking Statins will eventually kill you. That brings them out from under their rocks in droves.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Well, I really think you ought to quantify that remark and publish a link to an authoritative peer reviewed reference work, preferably one which I can debunk as unscientific in some manner :laugh:
van Deursen, Alexander and Helsper, Ellen (2015) A nuanced understanding of Internet use and non-use amongst older adults. European Journal of Communication, ISSN 0267-3231
DOI: 10.1177/0267323115578059

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Some of you may know that I have placed around half a dozen or so members on "Ignore". Until I remove the ignore from their profile I have no direct way of knowing if they have posted unless it is historical in which case it is blocked out. I have to say this is extremely liberating.
As a bit of fun and with no disrespect to anyone I have devised a collective name for this group and they are called "The Knights". Sounds noble and respectful don't you think? Henceforth if I need to refer to the group in any way it shall be "The Knights". They have a leader. Someone who over time has been the victor on many a forum battle and who is revered by the group. If he finds a chink he attacks mercilessly, withdraws, and then like a pack of wolves the rest descend on you with triumphant whoops as they discover the slightest missed grammar or factual error and go for the kill. Much like "The Keto Diet" thread in "Health and Fitness".

So why "The Knights". One thing they have in common is that they all take statins drugs. I know they are crazy but WTF. And with due regard to the Moody Blues hit song "Knights in White Satin", this group I call "Knights in White Statin", Too long so shortened to "The Knights". The leader is of course "The Man" and henceforth if required to I shall refer to him accordingly.

What about the Bull Dogs? There is only an association, no declaration required for this group. Basically if you have suffered or intimidated by them now or in the past simply place them on ignore. It's really really good.
You OK hun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom