Knocked off...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Five minutes into today's ride, absolutely nothing on the roads except me, outside Tavistock Post Office about to head north on the A386. A VW Caddy just pulled sedately out as if I wasn't there and pushed me off. Managed not to fall over, but back wheel well out of whack. New wheel, too. :angry:
Paid me what I asked for a new wheel, and one on order from Rockin' Bikes in Yelverton.
Considering how little damge was done to the bike, and none at all to me, surprisingly distressing...
:sad:

Domus

Guru
Oh no, these things usually happen in threes................and I'm going out tomorrow. :eek:

Globalti

Legendary Member
You did well and the driver paid a small amount to escape a due care charge. Was she or he wearing dark glasses and carrying a white cane?

alicat

Legendary Member
^^^ and they're also going faster than normal.

DRM

Guru
^^^ and they're also going faster than normal.
This in spades, I have been overtaken on the A1 all this week by idiots in German c*ckmobiles that have left me for dead, the sat nav was saying I was doing 72 mph I estimate the average being around the 90 mph mark, other than a Merc & an Audi, chasing each other at a minimum of 100mph, & I’m not exaggerating here, the police should have the powers to issue an automatic ban for exceeding the limit, and confiscate the vehicle, and I don’t care if it’s leased they pay another whopping fine to get it back, the leasing firm can charge the driver for it, the NHS has enough on it’s plate without dealing with the fallout by a pile up caused by these selfish cretins.

The less traffic there is, the more dangerous it can get. Drivers get used to not seeing people on their travels and take less care. On busy roads people are on the ball expecting problems.
Yip. I could be wrong but I think with sensible people avoiding unnecessary travel there's a higher proportion of d1cks out there too :sad:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The less traffic there is, the more dangerous it can get. Drivers get used to not seeing people on their travels and take less care. On busy roads people are on the ball expecting problems.

Two near misses today. One muppet with a minicab licence disc in his windscreen who very nearly didn't give way to me on a roundabout, and some clown in a people carrier who just sailed serenely out of a side turning on my left without even bothering to look if there was anything coming. Fortunately I don't treat the public roads as a cycle racing track, so I was going slow enough to be able to react in time. There's a lot less traffic about - but the regular drivers who mostly know how to drive seem to have been replaced by a load of idiots who don't. It's like all the hopeless weekend drivers have come out during the week instead, when they are normally using the tube!

Top Bottom