Knockoff oakley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
anyone know a place i can get them in yellow as pictured, i dont need them to say oakley or anything i just really like the colours, i cant afford genuine ones before you ask and i always end up scratching the lenses within a few weeks so its not worth it either. I can find every colour but yellow, a local lad sells them but £30 each for glasses that are £2 on ebay ive checked dh gate ebay ect
image.jpg

buggi

Bird Saviour
Careful there. If they don't filter UV properly, you can damage your eyesight more readily than with no glasses.
What he said.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Have you looked on Deal Extreme? They have models similar to Oakleys, but with a sensible price tag. As they are generally reputable they are more likely to have decent uv protection than knock offs.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Cheers ill take a look, its not the fact they are oakley look alikes im bothered abiut its just thr colouring and style

buggi

Bird Saviour
Thing is, as Adrian says, knock offs can be dangerous as they might not have UV protection but the shading means your pupils will dilate, thus more vulnerable than if you weren't wearing them because you're pupils would close in bright sunlight offering some protection. If you really like them, opt for a cheaper well known brand until you saved up for them. In my opinion tho my Oakley's were not all what they were cracked up to be. My Northwave ones are better and much cheaper. My Oakley ones scratched easier and for the amount of money I spent they weren't even polarised!! My £30 quid Northwave ones have taken more punches and are polarised.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
No but they do have them on there but £12 postage! Ypu can get every colour going bar yellow for £2-3 shipped i was going to order 3-4 of them to last me a while

subaqua

What’s the point
Careful there. If they don't filter UV properly, you can damage your eyesight more readily than with no glasses.

and don't forget that if not the correct optical class or they have been formed incorrectly they can properly hurt your eyes. and whilst a knock off jersey is not going to cause long term damage knock off specs can and do.
you only get one set of eyes.

that said its your eyes and if you don't want to be able to look at nice bikes as you ruined them who am I to stop you ;)

martint235

Dog on a bike
As others have said, it's a risk. I bought some "Chinese" Oakleys a couple of years ago and found that within a couple of months I was noticing the effect on my eyesight plus the odd headache when I wasn't expecting one. Almost certainly down to the lenses used. I considered getting genuine Oakley lenses but just baulked at the cost and went for a pair of PowerRace glasses from Planet X. Problem solved.

Drago

Legendary Member
Will the knock offs offer the proper UV protection? The dark lenses cause the pupil to open to gather more light, allowing more UV in to your retina. Not somethings I'd consider.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've had a black pair of copies for over 12 months identical to the OP These are by "In Bike"

I have an RX insert as well and haven't had issues. I wear mine every day with a virtually clear lens.

Top Bottom