Knutsford - penny farthing event, Sunday 10.9.23

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
As the thread title, between 1pm and 4pm around 100 riders will be doing laps of Knutsford to see who can do the most. It's a great event, held every ten years (although last in 2010 due to Covid). There may also be a hobby horse event.
I only found out about it yesterday and will be going.

Some photos from the 2010 event.

CIMG2645.JPG

CIMG2556.JPG

CIMG2579.JPG

CIMG2573.JPG

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
If I was closer I would be going .:angry: Maybe you could post some photos.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
As the thread title, between 1pm and 4pm around 100 riders will be doing laps of Knutsford to see who can do the most. It's a great event, held every ten years (although last in 2010 due to Covid). There may also be a hobby horse event.
I only found out about it yesterday and will be going.

Some photos from the 2010 event.

View attachment 705683

View attachment 705684

View attachment 705685

View attachment 705686

My mate will be there - ex club mate of mine - he does actually go out on his penny on a fairly regular basis - lives near Knutsford. Might just roll over as the weather is good and I'm home this weekend. I must get the lawn cut, hedge trimmed and 3 cars washed first though !

GuyBoden

Guru
@GuyBoden... Have you got one in your extensive bike collection? :whistle:

Even if not, it looks like a good excuse to go out on one of your bikes to take some pictures for us!

I've seen the Penny Farthings in Knutsford quite a few times and I've been to the Penny Farthing cafe (museum?) numerous times, I think it opened in the 1980's.

I cycled past Knutsford yesterday via Tatton park on my way to Gawsworth, the fairground is on heath at the moment too.

Yes, I might go again on Sunday, it's very near.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Some of the crashes are brutal, tend to be over the bars with a big drop to the tarmac. 2010 was a really good day out kids enjoyed it. :okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Darn it, mentioned to MrsF I might ride out. She want's to come, but we are to drive. FFS - parking in Knutsford is impossible. Other option take bikes to Tatton and ride from there.

Top Bottom