Koga Dutch Track Team complete track bike for sale on ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I thought that might be yours - we've picked up an Avanti Pista Pro for my youngest as the original price was above our budget but will pass on the link to his club if that's OK?

I'm presuming she races locally: U14's or U16's? Mine's just moved up to U14's.

U

User33236

Aha. I like the nomenclature but what would they need protection from? Tyres are quite tough?
More likely to protect the track from the tyre as any small bits of grit or stones that get caught in a tyre will do a fare bit of damage to the wood.

S-Express

Tyre wellies are for when you can't be arsed to pick up your bike and carry it into the velodrome, so you wheel it instead.. ;)

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Tyre warmers are designed to keep the tyres at optimum operating temperature. They plug in to the mains and are controlled by a basic thermostat. The trick is to find a temperature that delivers good grip on the banking without making the tyres so sticky that the rolling resistance is affected. The temperature choice is further complicated by rider weight, ambient temperature of the track environment and even the event that's being ridden. You often see riders swerving around on the track in an effort to keep heat in the tyres, but this is frowned on by the UCI, particularly after Miguel McSporran's death at the Mexico Olympics where he was tragically t-boned on the back straight by a rider from the Dominican Republic.

Top Bottom