Kona dew drop Stems?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The White Rabbit

hello,

I'm a bit special when it comes to anything remotely technical so you will have to bear with on this one OK... :smile:
I have just bought a kona dew drop and the stem is too long for my baby arms, so i want to buy a new one. I need one that is literally two rings welded together. I looked online but i don't know if it would be a standard size or oversize that i am looking for and all i know is that the existing one is 75mm in length. I have been looking and there only seem to be 50mm as the smallest size... What should i be getting and where from. I do not have a massive budget for some fancy pants carbon type thing... I'm looking to spend no more that 15.00 if poss...
Thanks...

B-B-BikeyStrike!

Are you talking about an oversized headset, or the bit that claps the handlebars itself?

to be honest, you should just go to your local bike shop and ask them, otherwise you're gonna be faffing around online for something that might not fit.

Sounds like you could do with a mountain bike downhill stem. They are very, very short but I'm not completely sure whether they would fit your steerer tube or bars so, as Mr Bikeystrike says, it's best to ask a bike shop. You say that the smallest stem you can find is 50mm compared to your existing 75mm. I think you would notice a 25mm difference even though it doesn't sound like very much.

Incidentally, this would be better posted in the Know How section, that's the place to go with any technical queries. I'll flag the post and ask the Mods to move it.

PS - I tried a Dew Drop last weekend and might well be buying one soon through the Bike to Work scheme. Nice bike...:girl:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
If you fit a stem shorter than 75 mm on a dew drop, which is a road/cross bike, the steering will become really twitchy.

Is it possible the bike is too big for you?

Flip the existing stem if you can - that might just make the difference you need and it's free... As Steve said, a megashort stem will make it rather twitchy. And it might just be a case of getting used to the position... :smile:

Top Bottom