Kona Dew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phixion

I'm trying to save for my first bike in years but it isn't going too well (unemployed atm), I'm now contemplating going for a cheaper bike so that I can get out there, I'm itching to get on a bike... sucks being stuck in the house!

The Kona Dew is going for £299 which seems pretty decent. I noticed the tires are 700x42C, would I be able to fit skinnier tires on it or am I stuck with the wider type? Would this bike be okay for fitness and long rides? Are there any downsides to the Kona Dew? I've read that the paintwork chips easily...

Any other bikes in that price range I should be considering?

Many thanks.

It is a lovely bike and a good runner you can change the tyres down to 25c I think but if I was you I would go to 28c just to give you a bit more comfort around town. You are right about the paint but you can get frame stickers to help if you wish.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
tHE Specialized Sirrus is the same price,seems to get good reviews from owners and it comes with 28c tyres.

Its important to ride any bike brfore buying.Some bikes just dont feel right.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have a Kona Dew, great bike, can't go wrong there imo.
Paintwork chips easy? Nah don't think so, and you do get a bottle of touch up paint with it (or you used to). Fitness and long rides? Perfect for it.

OP
OP
P

Phixion

Cool, I just noticed the new Sirrus has EZ-Fire shifters - I was put off with the Revo-shift ones on the 2009 model so I counted that out.

I think I'll go visit the bike shops in my area to see if they have any bikes reduced to clear - never know, I might end up picking up a great bike cheap :wacko:

Bear

very pretty bike ... very small though. Rides like a cycle speedway bike i reckon lol

CeeDee51

Phixion said:
Cool, I just noticed the new Sirrus has EZ-Fire shifters - I was put off with the Revo-shift ones on the 2009 model so I counted that out.

;)
That put me off too, but I think its only the basic model that has the revo-shift.

g00se

Veteran
Hi,

Amongst others - like the trek 7.3 - I tried the Specialized and the Kona and went with the Kona Dew Plus (much the same, but a bit higher spec accessories). I tried the Kona Dew too and also preferred that to the Sirrus I tried.

All were good bikes but the Kona felt like you could 'chuck it around' a bit more which for my commuting and a bit of light off-road suits me to a tee. By 'chuck it around, I mean very nimble, responsive and resilient - not that I went through a few hedges :becool:

Top Bottom