Kona Sutra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

gussington

Now got mine finally from the shop! Went for the sample one they had in and got a bit of a discount.

Only slightly strange thing that I have noticed so far, is that even though it has 3 attachment points you can only attach one drinks bottle! The one on the vertical tube is obstructed by the front mech, the one underneath has very little clearance because of the wheel - so the only place is the lower sloping tube. Does seem a tiny bit of an oversite for a bike that is clearly all about touring, especially considering that I have no trouble travelling with 2 bottles on my hybrid!

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Now got mine finally from the shop! Went for the sample one they had in and got a bit of a discount.

Only slightly strange thing that I have noticed so far, is that even though it has 3 attachment points you can only attach one drinks bottle! The one on the vertical tube is obstructed by the front mech, the one underneath has very little clearance because of the wheel - so the only place is the lower sloping tube. Does seem a tiny bit of an oversite for a bike that is clearly all about touring, especially considering that I have no trouble travelling with 2 bottles on my hybrid!

I can't get a bottle in the cage under the downtube on my Ultra Galaxy because there's not enough clearance with the front wheel. The only thing I can get in there is a jar of peanut butter. It's been quite a talking point!

cnb

Veteran
I have a 54cm sutra and use spacers to fit the bottle cage on the seat tube... If you check out different cages you should get one to fit...

OP
OP
G

gussington

Got another one on with some washers - plus the pump bracket on the bottom! Now ordered a Arkel Tailrider Trunk bag - and will fionally be able to venture out for long days cycling without a bloody pannier! Really looking forward to upping the mileage on this lovely bike.

Ajay

Veteran
Just had my back order cancelled (With Triton Cycles) saying that the importer has lost the rights to Kona in the uk. Great!
I'll be calling Evans in the morning to see what they say...

Ajay

Veteran
Just had my back order cancelled (With Triton Cycles) saying that the importer has lost the rights to Kona in the uk. Great!
I'll be calling Evans in the morning to see what they say...

Mine arrived today (Triton came up with the goods after I contacted the importer)
Wow, what a beast, can't wait to get out on it on saturday :wub:

Top Bottom