kosher chicken?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Renard said:
My lad is cheesophobic. Just the idea of it makes him wretch. His sister is the opposite and will deliberately try to wind him up when she is eating some. It usually ends in tears.

I used to be as a kid..couldnt stand the smell of the stuff. Wouldnt even walk in a shop with any on display (thats the good old days, when we had PROPER shops :biggrin: )
The advent of pizza in the 70s and 80s turned it round for me. I always thought 'that looks nice' but wouldnt eat it for the cheese.
Then one day i toook the plunge......and i liked it..more and more. Now i love cheese. :biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Funny, pizza is what swayed a pal of mine's opinion of fromage. Pizza to cheese must be like Cannabis is to Heroin. A route into using. be careful GBB.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
In reply to the OP I watched it this morning (after it taking a few hours to appear on the iPlayer). I'm not actually in the least bit surprised that so few on the teams knew what Kosher was. I think Jenny and Michael did sort of really know but got very wrapped up in the task far away from the rest of the team and started to believe in their own importance and what they wanted to think must be right. This got magnified with the other task they were given to buy! There were several others in that team who were looking for chickens but seemed to have only a very vague idea, what would have happened had they had to buy one? I don't think many people have probably ever heard the word Kosher.

As for the saying Michael wasn't Jewish, couldn't understand that myself, if one of his parents is Jewish I can't see how he isn't ethnically Jewish and saying so is bang out of order really - unless he lied about that?

ChrisKH

Guru
marinyork said:
In reply to the OP I watched it this morning (after it taking a few hours to appear on the iPlayer). I'm not actually in the least bit surprised that so few on the teams knew what Kosher was. I think Jenny and Michael did sort of really know but got very wrapped up in the task far away from the rest of the team and started to believe in their own importance and what they wanted to think must be right. This got magnified with the other task they were given to buy! There were several others in that team who were looking for chickens but seemed to have only a very vague idea, what would have happened had they had to buy one? I don't think many people have probably ever heard the word Kosher.

As for the saying Michael wasn't Jewish, couldn't understand that myself, if one of his parents is Jewish I can't see how he isn't ethnically Jewish and saying so is bang out of order really - unless he lied about that?

Wars have been fought for less; the essence of what is Jewish has been debated for centuries and amongst Jews this is still going on. However essentially you are Jewish if your mother is. I think this stems back to the fact that you never could prove really who your father was, but you can your mother. I have Jewish blood (philandering Jewish great grandfather from Northern Russia) but would not be called Jewish amongst Jews whereas in non-religious terms my sons are Jewish as their great grandmother and grandmother are. Their mother may have been raised as a Catholic but she has a Jewish line which I don't. Even though in theory there's no blood difference.

You can be of Jewish descent but you aren't necessarily Jewish and you can convert to Judaism and be Jewish but not necessarily have a Jewish bloodline. Capiche?! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

In strict religious terms you are Jewish if you attend synagogue - but then again are you really Jewish if you go to a reform synagogue for example? I'm aware amongst reform Jews in this country that there is a drive to get people back into the fold, so to speak, because they are dying out. They would be happy to have my two sons at a Jewish club or reform school as a result. But Orthodox or Conservative Jews don't share this view.

Maz

Guru
I once had a summer job in New York working for a Moving & Storage company called Nice Jewish Boy. One client quizzically asked me:
'Are you Jewish?'
'No', I said, 'I'm English'.

That shut him up...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Maz said:
I once had a summer job in New York working for a Moving & Storage company called Nice Jewish Boy. One client quizzically asked me:
'Are you Jewish?'
'No', I said, 'I'm English'.

That shut him up...

was it a life of brian moment? maybe he thought you were a samaritan :ohmy:

Top Bottom