Ksyrium nipples

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangid

Guru
Put a Ksyrium Pro Exalith on the front of my commute bike 12 days and 780 miles ago, and tonight I noticed this damage around one of the spoke nipples. Does this look like the early signs of a bigger problem? Anybody else had issues
20180322_180300.jpg

gaijintendo

Veteran
I clicked the thread because I wondered if it was a newly discovered Frank Zappa album...

Thay doesn't look great, does it...

OP
OP
mangid

mangid

Guru
I have heard of a lot of people having problems with Ksyriums. A mate of mine's Ksyriums eventually cracked. Googling reveals a lot of people discussing the problem.

Now you tell me :-)

I've dropped Mavic a line, still well within the 3 year warranty :-). The Mavic Ellipse (40k miles) it replaced is still at work, so I'll put that back on (still some margin in the breaking surface). Just all the phaff of returning it now :-(

wisdom

Guru
That's no mileage at all for that damage to be evident.Should be a simple warranty replacement I would think.Did you get them from a big retailer or direct from mavic?

OP
OP
mangid

mangid

Guru
That's no mileage at all for that damage to be evident.Should be a simple warranty replacement I would think.Did you get them from a big retailer or direct from mavic?

FatBirds, no idea if they're big, bought some stuff from them in the past so they've been around a while.

OP
OP
mangid

mangid

Guru
That's what I was asking for.The contract is with the seller.They have to be given chance to sort it.

Dropped Fatbirds an email, Mavis have this whole registering Warranty thing going on, which is why contacting them came to mind. Also discovered another one was starting to go. Have boxed the wheel up, and put the old Ellipse back on, didn't want to ride any further on it

Top Bottom