KTM Lucky 70s ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

conram

Hi, I am completely new to cycling and even posting in forums. I have found this bike in a charity shop, it's a KTM lucky and everything is original. I paid just €30 but needs (restoring) I guess new cables and cleaning etc. I was hoping someone could give me some advice on what to do, or if it's worth it and how to go about doing it. I'd appreciate it a lot and hopefully will get me into a new sport and community 😁
IMG_20240310_132042.jpg

IMG20240308151428.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You are indeed lucky, nice find, especially for the money. Yes, I'd say 70's.
Only you know if it's worth restoring, you won't make your money back but it will give you solid reliable transportation.
As you suggest replace all the cables, inner and outer. If those tyres are the originals they'd probably need replacement due to perishing. Inner tubes may be okay. Rear brake blocks look to be missing. Check if there's any play in the cranks for bottom bracket wear. I'd get rid of that handlebar tape and put on some period correct grips.
Check the wheels run true, you could also remove the axles and regrease the bearings if you want to be thorough. You'll need a few simple tools to include spanners, Allen keys, tyre levers and cone spanners if you do the hub bearings.
Clean the rest and you'll be ready to go. Is it the correct size for you?

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Thanks for the reply, it's been helpful. I guess to take it to a professional would not be worth it. So I guess I have myself a project to do 😁
I'm looking forward to it and I will keep it updated on this post for sure.
Yeah, but the jobs are so simple even someone with no experience of bikes could do it, all it needs is a bit mechanical know how. Refer you YouTube if you need help or here
Good luck.

Top Bottom