Kuota - Do they still make bikes ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know there were rumours a couple of years back that they had stopped making bikes. The kuota website (.it) has gone - and you only appear to be able to get older stock on line.But I've never heard any official about their demise. ?

Just curious

We've had this conversation before.
No they don't.
Finished totally.
All the branding and signage from UK importers has now been taken down.
Spares are still available but if you need some get them now because no more will be coming.
Your friend and mine is now dealing as Moda bikes. By all accounts a notch down from Kuota, and rumour has it that they are from open moulds, so other makes may have identical frames badged differently.
Story is he was offered the chance to buy the whole Kuota brand for himself, but wouldn't pay accountants etc. to work out valuations and so on; Kuota walked away after being p****d around.
Having said that I've just picked up a brand new NOS Kuota K Uno. Unridden, with Ultegra, non hydro. List price close to £4k. Totally legit and less than a grand. But then I know a man....
You won't find a dealer with new stock, because there is non.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Yes - I remember yourself (The samsung tablet is still going strong).

Just nothing official ever announced - wonder if anything ever was or why they folded.

I owned 3 kuotas - to ride they are great bikes. After sales service left a bad taste in my mouth after what turned out to be a minor problem with khydra (LBS sorted for £20 !!!!). But the Khydra to ride is great bike.

@kingrollo
Went past his lordship's domain this morning, in the rain.
Here is a library picture of his unit with the Kuota logo emblazoned across it.

And here is this morning's picture showing the new Moda logo.

For most practical purposes Kuota is an extinct bird. You might get a little bit of help re spares if you can manage to talk to someone other than Himself or his secretary/concubine. Otherwise you are stuck with e-bay!!!

Just googled that bike.
Looks very nice and you certainly got yourself a bargain.:okay:
Indeed I have.

Kbrook

Veteran
I met his Lordship in a cafe a few weeks back. He doesn't know me. He's just a foul mouthed know it all.
Not sure which of us likes him least.
Just been looking at Moda bikes, your comment is not encouraging me. I’m now Googling trying to find his !ordship!

Just been looking at Moda bikes, your comment is not encouraging me. I’m now Googling trying to find his !ordship!
Well I may be wrong - it has been known!
Many are satisfied with them, but as mentioned I live locally. There is a grapevine round here which could be biased, so you will have to decide whether to listen to it or not.
But....it could be significant that Terry Dolan seems to have more bikes on the road, and he is nobbut a cockstride from Moda.
Without my contacts who can "see me right" I would go and see Terry.

Top Bottom