La Vuelta 2017 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
After each stage Froome has looked remarkably fresh.Wearing the red jersey brings its own pressures,which he copes remarkably well with.Bit of a cough..most would be on their knees.Hes not I'll,he's bang on form !

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yeah, it's been noticeable that he seems to do the Vuelta interviews after he's done rasping. I heard an interview with Michael Woods after the TT where he seemed to have a similar cough: do we know whether he's asthmatic or not?
I don't know the answer but running middle-distance throughout a Quebec winter could make him a strong candidate for exercise induced asthma.

Adam4868

Guru
Is there not some connection with certain sports ? I seem to remember swimmers as well as cyclists have a high proportion of asthma sufferers.There again doing 6/8 hours a day training.Then riding two grand tours back to back at full gas....I think most would get a 'tickly cough' .....it's some strain on your lungs.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Is there not some connection with certain sports ? I seem to remember swimmers as well as cyclists have a high proportion of asthma sufferers.There again doing 6/8 hours a day training.Then riding two grand tours back to back at full gas....I think most would get a 'tickly cough' .....it's some strain on your lungs.
It tends to be indurance athletes who suffer as they put pressure on their lungs.
I guess swimmers breathe deep and hold their breath unlike any other sports, plus they have chlorine to irritate the lungs.
I developed exercise inducted asthma whilst training for a marathon so even unfit chumps like me can suffer.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Congratulations to Thomas de Gendt who now has the full set - stage wins in all 3 Grand Tours. :notworthy:

MikeG

Guru
My daughter lives just outside Gijon. Her boyfriend is a keen cyclist. They won't be watching the climb up Angliru tomorrow, because, unbelievably, a huge local derby football match is on the same afternoon! Gijon vs someone or other. It hasn't actually been played for 15 years. There is therefore a chance that the crowds will be a deal smaller than might have been expected. Her boyfriend says that after the first 15 or 20 riders, the crowd will help push the rest up the hill!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
So it's come down to a shoot out on the Angliru.
I doubt anyone can take a minute off Froomedawg but it's not impossible if he cracks.

Top Bottom