La Vuelta 2026 ***Spoilers***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Lefty tighty. Get it righty.
Pog took the pink jersey on stage 2 of the Giro and held it all the way after that. Can he go one better this time? First stage is a 10k prologue type TT. I wouldn't put it past him.

I just had a look at the start preliminary list. https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/vuelta-a-espana/2026/startlist

Random thoughts.

Primoz - as mentioned above he's had his preparation messed up by being hit by a car
Guillaume Martin is there. Surely that should be the main headline news. Never mind Pog.
Matthew Brennan. He's been ill hasn't he?
Steven Kruijswijk. Another one of those riders that I thought had retired.
NAIRO! NAIRO! NAIRO!
Skjelmose and Pedersen for Lidl Trek
Jarno Widar was second to Seixas in last years tour de l'Avenir and ...
Jorgen Nordhagen was third
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: mjr

N0bodyOfTheGoat

Über Member
Location
Hampshire, UK
I'm sure Vin will recover from his TDF crash and will be chomping at the bit to beat Pog in Spain. :laugh:
 

Dogtrousers

Lefty tighty. Get it righty.
I can see one or two of the UAE support riders who were hoping for their chance being a bit peeved. Maybe there’ll be a Sep Kuss moment.

I'm sure uncle Taddy will engineer a stage win or two for them.
 

tarric

Veteran
Location
Scotland
Heading over next week, going to spend around 10 days traveling through France and will be parked up somewhere on the final climb on stage 3 then going to spend the 3 weeks following the race. Not every stage but I have booked Granada for the final day.
 

tarric

Veteran
Location
Scotland
I'm quite surprised that he's going to the Vuelta, I thought he would be concentrating on the worlds and going for three in a row. Going to Canada for the Quebec and Montreal races seeing as the Montreal one is a revised route making it a dress rehearsals for the worlds.
 

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Pog took the pink jersey on stage 2 of the Giro and held it all the way after that. Can he go one better this time? First stage is a 10k prologue type TT. I wouldn't put it past him.

I just had a look at the start preliminary list. https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/vuelta-a-espana/2026/startlist

Random thoughts.

Primoz - as mentioned above he's had his preparation messed up by being hit by a car
Guillaume Martin is there. Surely that should be the main headline news. Never mind Pog.
Matthew Brennan. He's been ill hasn't he?
Steven Kruijswijk. Another one of those riders that I thought had retired.
NAIRO! NAIRO! NAIRO!
Skjelmose and Pedersen for Lidl Trek
Jarno Widar was second to Seixas in last years tour de l'Avenir and ...
Jorgen Nordhagen was third

still a lot to declare.

Felix Gall should be in with a shout of another GT 2nd place I'd have thought.

Visma yet to nominate a GC contender, but look strong for sprint stages with Brennan and WVA
 

stage hunter

Active Member
I'm quite surprised that he's going to the Vuelta, I thought he would be concentrating on the worlds and going for three in a row. Going to Canada for the Quebec and Montreal races seeing as the Montreal one is a revised route making it a dress rehearsals for the worlds.

He may never have a better chance at the Vuelta. Whilst the world’s course looks made for him, it’s not the gimme that 2024 was. Classics guys can certainly challenge there.

If Pog wins the Vuelta, we we will be going into 2027 with not having a new GT winner for 4 years. For context, in the rest of the century, no new GT winner only happened in 2003, 2005, 2016 & 2021. And (I think) it will now have happened for 3 years running.
 
Top Bottom