La Vuelta a Espana 22/8 - 13/9 2015 (here be spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Sagan and Majka confirmed for the Vuelta, rumours about Bertie still bubbling...

The Couch

Über Member
Sagan and Majka confirmed for the Vuelta, rumours about Bertie still bubbling...
I read Bertie is definitely not riding.

I am wondering if P-R Latour will get a chance to get some GT experience, he has been showing some real potential this year

Venod

Eh up
Team Sky for the Vuelta

Team Sky for Vuelta a España: Chris Froome, Geraint Thomas, Nicolas Roche, Sergio Henao, Mikel Nieve, Vasil Kiryienka, Christian Knees, Ian Boswell, Salvatore Puccio.

I'd like to see how Henao does after a prolonged abscence. Really cannot imagine that Contador is even thinking of this and I imagine Froome will be competitive but going on previous Vueltas and end of Tour form, can't see him winning.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think Quintana will be encouraged by his tdf third week to be slightly bolder, earlier. I have him for the win with Froome second but I wouldn't put it past the dawg - he has the mental strength.
It'll be interesting to see how G is considering his tour efforts. I'm not sure about Roche again and Team Froome is weaker without Richie Porte. Nieve and Henao aren't as strong imo.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I think Thomas is going to struggle. He must be knackered after the season he's had, and he hasn't raced since the Tour.

First ten days look mostly straightforward, but then it gets interesting. This is the profile of stage 11...

stage11.png

Stages 14-16 are killers, finishing on some pretty brutal climbs, but then there's the stage 20 decider...

stage20.png

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I was in Puerto Banus today and tootling around the harbour I was somewhat surprised to see a couple of Pinarello Dogmas trundle past. About half an hour later I saw them again; Knees and Henao, just stopped and having a bit of a natter.

Had a quick chat with them, they'd been doing a recce of the prologue to Marbella and pronounced it "a bit technical". Didn't want to look like a knob in front of the family so, sorry, no photos

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Stages 14-16 are killers, finishing on some pretty brutal climbs, but then there's the stage 20 decider...

If it really does turn out to be a decider the double summit* and descent to the finish might prove interesting, particularly if some of the more attacking riders are in contention...

* I couldn't get copyright permission from Sherwen so I can't call it a false flat

The Couch

Über Member
In an interview today, Jelle Vanendert is saying his close to his top form ...and at the end of the season he needs a new contract
A cornered animal can be very dangerous (or might "use/take extreme measures" ;))

(some free advice for the - very desperate - fantasy players here :okay:)

On a more serious note:
I am wondering what Pozzovivo will be able to show... he had seemed to be in peak form at the Giro, but couldn't show it because of his crash
Not sure what his current form will be (as is the case for most riders)... or even what he will do in a stronger field (than his previous results in the Giro and Vuelta)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I am wondering what Pozzovivo will be able to show... he had seemed to be in peak form at the Giro, but couldn't show it because of his crash
Not sure what his current form will be (as is the case for most riders)... or even what he will do in a stronger field (than his previous results in the Giro and Vuelta)

Good call. Pozzovivo could be a very strong contender.

I have a hunch about Nibali for this one - if he's over his mental problems from the Tour, he should be pretty fresh. In fact, it may well end up being another Astana show like the Giro. Not entirely sure that would be a good thing.

Top Bottom