La Vuelta a Espana *Spoiler*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Michael Woods deserves an honourable mention too, but Uran has been a bit Zubeldia-like again.

You can add Nibali and Aru to the losers list as well.
Uran always looks like he's holding something back.
I feel sorry for Aru - not sure why but he looks like a sad case.And he rides like a bag of spanners.
Kruijswijk put in a good shift too.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
All inclusives, with all you can eat buffets.
I think I'm banned from that hotel chain now

iandg

Legendary Member
All 3 grand tours in one year won by Brits. Amazing eh? Especially when you grew up in the 70s listening to Phil Ligget's radio 2 reports every evening and the higlight was a stage win for Barry Hoban in the TdF :smile:

Actually it's bigger than the 3 grand tours in a year - the last 5 grand tours have had a British winner.

(This may have been mentioned up-thread but I haven't read all 17 pages).

Froome didn't come through the BC system though did he? It's only really the last two GTs that the British cycling authorities can take any credit for.
on an individual basis, on an infrastructure and influence basis, much harder to quantify, they've probably been reasonably influential.

Surely Sky can take credit but BC?? I suppose the lines between the two have been pretty blurred. Actually I'm pretty ignorant of the behind the scenes matters so perhaps I should keep schtum.

Cookson in some paper or other at the weekend described him as "an outlier" which seemed fair enough.
Don't forget Brailsford came from BC. He honed everything he put into Sky in BC. All the marginal gain sport science and nutrition, the mentality etc.

Top Bottom