Lack of top 4 teams in FA Cup. Good or Bad?

Does the lack of 'decent' teams cheapen the FA Cup?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

• I'm a rugby toff so couldn't give a monkey's

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
Alan H said:
. The big teams are more interested in Europe.

I don't think it's that so much as the fact that the players in the big 4 teams have grown too used to dancing around a pitch like ballerinas. English football was always about the ability to marry skill with the ability to have a good scrap - an ability lost on many in the top 4 these days.

I think it can only be good that 4 teams hungry for success will be battling for a place in the final. They have both skill and scrapping ability - what the game is all about!!

The FA cup final is supposed to be about excitement, and we may just see that for the first time in years in 2008.

walker

It's great if you ask me, just goes to show spending million's on foreign players doesn't guarentee you a cup at the end of the season. I'm rooting for Barnsley

Haitch

Flim Flormally
No, I think the FA Cup has gone the way of the League Cup. It'll just take a couple of seasons before people start mourning its passing.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
alecstilleyedye said:
and i wonder, but i doubt if, they'll ever bring back the watney cup… :biggrin:

I hope they don't bring back Watney's Red Barrel...

I also think it's great. I'm gonna root for Pompey!

U

User169

Alan H said:
No, I think the FA Cup has gone the way of the League Cup. It'll just take a couple of seasons before people start mourning its passing.

I've been watching the NL Cup this year. I've seen two of Feyenoord's matches and have a ticket for the semi-final against Breda. Could be a tough one I think.

stevenb

It makes it more exciting having the current teams left in the cup. Otherwise it'd be utterly boring.
The teams that have made it have done very well to get there and so well deserved.
:biggrin:

Manchester United and Chelsea fielded proper 'first' teams and were undone by a combination of luck and hard work. The semi-final draw could well give us a West Brom v Barnsley final, which would be wonderful.

Top Bottom