Lacking stamina and strength

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did 34 miles tonight at 16.1 mph :o) felt ok too.
Which I was that quick tonight, just to much standing water (or flowing)

Ootini

I was in a similar position and the one thing that made things better for me, was to start riding with other people. On my own I tended to take it too slow, got bored quickly and lacked motivation. Riding with another person or persons made it much, much more enjoyable!

OP
OP
andrew_rc46

andrew_rc46

I was in a similar position and the one thing that made things better for me, was to start riding with other people. On my own I tended to take it too slow, got bored quickly and lacked motivation. Riding with another person or persons made it much, much more enjoyable!
That just what I'm going to do this Sunday, I'm going out with ripon cycle club :smile: I hope the weather holds off and we have a good day.

moo

I've been improving my strength recently by commuting in a single high gear. It took a few days to stop myself changing down out of habit. I have to get out of the saddle a lot, even on the flats. Gears made me lazy, opting for the most efficient ride from A to B.

Libby

Just accept that there will always be good days and bad days. If you're tired from a tough ride in the previous few days that will make a difference as will sleep, nutrition and day to day life. Make the most of the days where it feels good and on the tough days, ease off a bit to allow for recovery and know that whether it is a good or bad day on the bike you will be getting fitter and faster :-)

Just accept that there will always be good days and bad days. If you're tired from a tough ride in the previous few days that will make a difference as will sleep, nutrition and day to day life. Make the most of the days where it feels good and on the tough days, ease off a bit to allow for recovery and know that whether it is a good or bad day on the bike you will be getting fitter and faster :-)
Well I have been going backwards since Sept :laugh:

Wind Nigel! :smile:
Surly that would propel me forwards :laugh:.
More the extra clothes, coming back from an infection, not having the heart in it at the moment, trying to grind out some miles to achieve a target by the end of the year ect...................

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
@andrew_rc46 i was doing 15-20 mile trips for 3 months long before i started doing 30s even if you got now nice av speed you will find yourself running out of energy at times, hard training will surely pay off but to do it you need to get used to it first, my idea is limit your mileage per ride but increase rides amount, ive been doing those trips around twice every week for 3 months, now im doing three times a week 30 milers and im looking forward to increase the mileage in a month or something.
Remember soon is winter and winter=tougher road to go, remember to keep urself safe and sound and will be ok. I will probably lower my mileage during winter to 2x10-15 miler+30miler saturdays with club, it's essential to keep urself in motion but dont overdo it, because you may either start to hate it or overpush urself leading to contusions.

Newbie brofist lets keep it up :smile:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Why the hell am I finding it so bloody tough to build up the miles? Some days I really struggle on an 8miler and then other days the 30miler I do is a blast!
This cycling malarkey is frustrating......maybe I should sack it altogether and jump on the vfr for the stage 1 tdf in the spring :sad:
Keep in mind that you've started at a tough time of year. Wind, rain and cold can make it very difficult to get motivated to get out on the road, and just as difficult to keep going rather than turning for home. They can also make it so much harder to actually turn the pedals, particularly when it's windy it can be absolutely energy sapping. But if you can get through the winter, you will LOVE it in the summer!

Top Bottom