Lactic Acid - Build up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Learn to suffer! Speed doesn't come for free, now, go make some pain!

Kies

Need more info to help you. If no further data is available then try riding harder for longer, or repeatedly riding up/down a decent hill in your area.

I know i'm crap on hills, so in the process of losing some more tonnage and climbing more hills.

OP
OP
PerryC

PerryC

Regular
I defiantly do feel the pain during s ride and it becomes very hard to complete,
Do you guys need any more infomation?
I do go on the same route quiet a lot on long distance i use an electrolyte drink with gels so im not sure if its a fuel problem

lukesdad

I defiantly do feel the pain during s ride and it becomes very hard to complete,
I do go on the same route quiet a lot on long distance i use an electrolyte drink with gels so im not sure if its a fuel problem
How long is the duration of this ride ?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

Riding fast hurts, a big part of riding fast is being able to just take that pain and keep riding.

Quite frankly I am guessing that you simply lack fitness and you need to ride more, throw in some comfortably hard rides of an hour or 2. Ride at an intensity where you can only say 2-3 words (talk to yourself if you need to) and not be able to have a flowing conversation.

OP
OP
PerryC

PerryC

Regular
Yeah
Riding fast hurts, a big part of riding fast is being able to just take that pain and keep riding.

Quite frankly I am guessing that you simply lack fitness and you need to ride more, throw in some comfortably hard rides of an hour or 2. Ride at an intensity where you can only say 2-3 words (talk to yourself if you need to) and not be able to have a flowing conversation.
Yeah i usually only go on a 30-40 mile ride once a week haven't got time for more yet, should i be going more often?

My weekly mileage a week is maximum 50 miles

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If you want to get fitter and faster then yes! You need to devote time to it, if you can't or won't do that, then you will need to accept that improvement will be limited.

That said, you can get a lot from a short amount of time if you train smart. But tbh, the sort of training people I know to be riding very fast on a 4 hour training week is not something I would recommend you jump into as it is a recipe for injury if you lack base fitness.

OP
OP
PerryC

PerryC

Regular
If you want to get fitter and faster then yes! You need to devote time to it, if you can't or won't do that, then you will need to accept that improvement will be limited.

That said, you can get a lot from a short amount of time if you train smart.
Ok will defiantly fit more time in to doing more miles each week just to set an idea what sort of base mileage would you recommend i should do a week to improve?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
That is very individual, initially you should just try to keep increasing your weekly mileage gradually for a while.

I know people who ride VERY fast on 4 hours worth of training a week and others who will ride 300-400 miles a week. I do about 150 miles a week if on the road, or ~8 hours if on the turbo. As said, it is all very individual.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
You won't improve with one ride a week. Chuck in a couple of shorter mid week rides and it will help. A commute is good. If time is of the essence then some people buy turbos, although imho these are the work of the devil. I would rather stick pins in my eyes than pedal and go nowhere whatever the benefits.:whistle:

OP
OP
PerryC

PerryC

Regular
That is very individual, initially you should just try to keep increasing your weekly mileage gradually for a while.
Ok m8 thanks a lot will deffiently start pushing harder and doing more mileage,
Yeah will defiantly give it a bit more its a shame im working today would have loved to have gotten out in to the saddle lol

Top Bottom