Ladies electric bike recommendation please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Gatley lass

Gatley lass

Über Member
Thanks for all the helpful advice and the personal recommendation from Welsh Dragon.

I have to satisfy myself |I can find a reasonable route to cycle to work and then I'll strt looking in earnest.

I do have a bike ( claud butler ) nothing special but was great for my 4.5 mile commute but feel I need some help for a longer commute

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Thanks for all the helpful advice and the personal recommendation from Welsh Dragon.

I have to satisfy myself |I can find a reasonable route to cycle to work and then I'll strt looking in earnest.

I do have a bike ( claud butler ) nothing special but was great for my 4.5 mile commute but feel I need some help for a longer commute

You are most welcome. I do hope you find the right bike for you. And of course photos are also always appreciated. :okay:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

You are most welcome. I do hope you find the right bike for you. And of course photos are also always appreciated. :okay:

TeeShot

Veteran

Hi Gatley Lass, fellow Gatley resident here.
What route are you looking at, reasonably direct or more scenic?

OP
OP
Gatley lass

Gatley lass

Über Member
Hi TeeShot. I had a post in the commuting thread asking for help with a route. My preference is for wide roads and I do l;ike bike paths where they are sensible.

I'd be interested in your feedback. the main point is Styal Road or not. Thanks

TeeShot

Veteran
Personally I’m not a fan of Styal Road. My preference would be St Anne’s road to the top, straight across Finney Lane, picking up Queensway through to the old A34/Wilmslow Road. From there to Wilmslow the road may be busy but it’s wide and there’s a cycle lane on some bits. Through the centre of Wilmslow to the roundabout on the far side and then either follow Alderley road to the bypass or go down Knutsford road, left onto Brook Lane and pick up the bypass cycle path after you’ve been past the golf course.

Tailendman

Regular
Might want to check out the pedelec forum for advice on going electric, but Wisper have a good range and pride themselves on reliability. I would want a shop nearby just in case, and to give a service once a year.

OP
OP
Gatley lass

Gatley lass

Über Member
Personally I’m not a fan of Styal Road. My preference would be St Anne’s road to the top, straight across Finney Lane, picking up Queensway through to the old A34/Wilmslow Road. From there to Wilmslow the road may be busy but it’s wide and there’s a cycle lane on some bits. Through the centre of Wilmslow to the roundabout on the far side and then either follow Alderley road to the bypass or go down Knutsford road, left onto Brook Lane and pick up the bypass cycle path after you’ve been past the golf course.

OP
OP
Gatley lass

Gatley lass

Über Member
Thanks for your route Teeshot. Good to hear from a fellow Gatley resident

Top Bottom