Ladies Perogative !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
323DBE5A-6743-42F9-8F71-B26E8976C505.png

So my Girlfriend decides its time for a new bike , so started with a Cube , then a Merida, then a Felt,then another Cube , now, and I think this is the one , an Orro Terra, I took her over to Epsom yesterday and let her have a look see , nice bike , good in a lot of ways , big one it’s made in UK , Sussex , nicely finished with a good drivetrain inner routed cables etc , the geometry is perfect for her very small frame , not a bad spec for the price ,If she gets a better CTW offer then I’m hoping she will go for the full 105 drive train option,

View attachment 444339

So my Girlfriend decides its time for a new bike , so started with a Cube , then a Merida, then a Felt,then another Cube , now, and I think this is the one , an Orro Terra, I took her over to Epsom yesterday and let her have a look see , nice bike , good in a lot of ways , big one it’s made in UK , Sussex , nicely finished with a good drivetrain inner routed cables etc , the geometry is perfect for her very small frame , not a bad spec for the price ,If she gets a better CTW offer then I’m hoping she will go for the full 105 drive train option,
That looks lovely. If it looks right, it normally is right.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Tiagra is fine.

I got the Specialized Roubaix a couple of months ago. I could have got the 105 but I like the Tiagra. It seems to be slightly more robust than the 105. Thats only my opinion though

vickster

Legendary Member
View attachment 444339

Think Richmond cycles sell Orro as well as Corridori?

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Think Richmond cycles sell Orro as well as Corridori?

I did see on the Orro website that Richmond Cycles were a nominated retailer but RC website was down and as the shop had been closed for some time I wasn’t to sure if the new props’ still dealt with Orro, a big factor also CTW partners , Ms ’boz is tied into Cycle Solutions scheme , Corridori are a #1 at the mo and did have an across the range stock available to view, but I will deffo pedal over the bridge tom’w and ask the question , I did venture in the RC shop some weeks ago , the new people were really nice, obliging and knew their stuff ,

Last edited:
OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Tiagra is fine.

I got the Specialized Roubaix a couple of months ago. I could have got the 105 but I like the Tiagra. It seems to be slightly more robust than the 105. Thats only my opinion though

She had the Tiagra on her last BH, it was good for purpose but it just plain worn out ! BB , chainwheel and cassette knackered , it was hammered for over 2 years , so no surprises , and tbh no disappointment either ,

ClaireSaud

Veteran
I bought the Tiagra model 2 years ago and the geometry made it a comfortable bike to ride. I had problems with the pressfit BB. It only lasted 3 months /1000 miles however it was riden in wet conditions (Sept to Dec). The rear light also packed up but I couldn’t fault Orro’s customer service. They sent me a replacement PF BB and rear light. Might be worth looking into a 3rd party BB if Ms ‘boz has issues with the BB. Great bike to ride though.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
15F52C3A-A729-4DD7-BBBC-8B336EC97F9D.png
Orro don’t make their bikes in the UK, they assemble them here, much like other retailers like Planet X and Ribble.

The opening paragraph of this Orro web page would suggest they are made in UK

Milkfloat

An Peanut
View attachment 444423

The opening paragraph of this Orro web page would suggest they are made in UK

From their website. https://www.orrobikes.com/about-orro

“Each ORRO bike is lovingly assembled and finished by hand by our own highly trained mechanics at our assembly facility in Sussex at the foot of Ditchling Beacon, an iconic climb in British cycling - An inspiration and perfect testing ground for our bikes.”

That does not make them bad bikes, I would rather an aluminium or carbon frame manufactured by the experts in Asia than a hobbiest in the UK.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
That does not make them bad bikes, I would rather an aluminium or carbon frame manufactured by the experts in Asia than a hobbiest in the UK.

There is no way a metal frame with that kind of oversize shaped tubing could possibly be built in somebody's back yard as a cottage industry. You would need very serious and very expensive industrial metalworking equipment. Hand assembled in the UK from imported far-east parts would probably be the most accurate description. These days, unless you are buying custom lugged Reynolds steel, or 20+year old used Raleighs etc they are extremely unlikely to be truly British built from scratch.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
“Designed,engineered,hand built and tested in UK” from Orro webpage

I took that as is , I reckon it’s a tad misleading now, I questioned the person in the shop in Epsom , he did not mention frames made in Asia , just agreed with me on the Orro statement,leading to , in my understanding that the frames are produced here ,so he has lost a sale ,
I contacted Richmond Cycles by phone, although that thet a nominated retailer of Orro , their website did not show an Orro Logo, they are however , they just seem a little confused about some things, but we visited them yesterday, and the shop assistant when questioned gave me the correct answer about the frames origin of manufacture so if all goes well they will get the sale ,

vickster

Legendary Member
“Designed,engineered,hand built and tested in UK” from Orro webpage

I took that as is , I reckon it’s a tad misleading now, I questioned the person in the shop in Epsom , he did not mention frames made in Asia , just agreed with me on the Orro statement,leading to , in my understanding that the frames are produced here ,so he has lost a sale ,
I contacted Richmond Cycles by phone, although that thet a nominated retailer of Orro , their website did not show an Orro Logo, they are however , they just seem a little confused about some things, but we visited them yesterday, and the shop assistant when questioned gave me the correct answer about the frames origin of manufacture so if all goes well they will get the sale ,
Shouldn't you take it up with Orro as being misleading rather than the retailer especially as it doesn't sound like they categorically said the frame was manufactured here? Sounds like Orro should be informing their retailers

Your prerogative where to buy of course

Top Bottom