Ladies Tdf race. *contains spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I watched it live on Eurosport. One of the criticisms levelled at running it alongside the men's tour is that it's already a full on job to cover the Tour as a journalist, so there was virtually nobody at La Course, hence you're not reading much about it today, besides a few summary words.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Don't know if the link works but it shows Vos' ambush. It reminded me of a similar ambush in the Giro Rosa earlier on.
The word "ambush" implies an element of surprise. With Vos in the form she's in it's more an inevitability at the moment. ;)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Also annoying that the itv4 EPG still described the highlights as "Stage 13 and La Course: Highlights of the women's race La Course and the 27Km Individual Time Trial, starting and finishing in Pau. {S} Ep14" long after the decision to ditch the women had been taken

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Yes but no highlights show for the tiny number of us who work at that time...
GCN did a highlights on YouTube. It was very brief and not as good as their coverage af the Giro Rosa which was pretty good.

That may not be their fault, mind, that may be all they were allowed to show, I don't know.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
GCN did a highlights on YouTube. It was very brief and not as good as their coverage af the Giro Rosa which was pretty good.

That may not be their fault, mind, that may be all they were allowed to show, I don't know.
Yes, I watched it. All six-ish minutes of it. And as usual, even searching for the race on youtube showed the result, thanks to all the daffodils putting spoilers in their video titles.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
ITV4 are showing highlights of yesterdays tt rather than the next stage of the womans race . Or did the women only do one stage ?

pawl

Legendary Member
I often find them more exciting for some reason.[/QUOTE

Yes me too Possibly it’s down to shorter distances. Smaller team number.It makes the racing start for from the off.No steady riding to control the bunch.,waiting for
the last 50k before the racing starts.

Va Va Froome

Über Member
If the TdF isn't going to put on a big event for the women's teams, it just leaves the other races to build on their own histories and prestige. Others will be the race that they all want to win.

What would be classed as the biggest profile women's stage races?

Top Bottom