Ladies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I emailed them saying I had a trek bike and was cycling to Amsterdam for charity, would they support me in exchange for some articles for the newsletter (they had asked me to write for them before). So, I got 4 pairs of shorts, 3 jerseys and a new computer as mine had given up the ghost! :biggrin: The shipping notice they came with was a revelation! The shorts have a retail price of £49.99, the actual cost to them was something like £14 pound! Anyway, as soon as I got back the newsletter editor lost her job and the newsletter got scrapped, so never wrote any articles either!

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I like your style! I'll have to get my thinking cap on.

Plax

Guru
Most of my tops seem to have come from Aldi/Lidl.
I have bought base layers, 3/4 humvees & a jacket from CRC, and Ronhill Bikesters & Firefly's from Wiggle.
I also quite like Venus sports http://www.venussports.co.uk/ they do a good selection of womens clothing and I've always found them to be very efficient.
I also have quite a few pairs of shorts & jumpers that I've just got from the likes of Millets.

Blonde

I ONLY like assos shorts which would be out of your price range. I like assos, Castelli, Giordana and Scott brands for tops/jackets etc. None of these are cheap but they are not all as expensive as assos. I'm afraid that you do get what you pay for. Don't feel you HAVE to spend a lot though - it will depend on the type of cycling you're doing. You may be absolutely fine with cheaper brands, but for the cycling I do and the shape I am, I find I am not comforatble in anything other than assos lady shorts and tights. For instance, I tried Nike shorts but the pad isn't right for me and Ronhill bikesters are too short for me in the leg by about 2 inches! I'm afraid that as with "ordinary" clothes, you need to try a few brands on and see what works for your size and shape as they are all different - I can't get cloths to fit from BHS or New Look (always too short, too large round waist and thighs and too small accross the sholders and chest) but Miss Selfrige clothes fit me perfectly. Tis the same with cycle clobber - Try on some diffrent cycle clothing brands before you buy anything. You may need to go to the more expensive bike shops to find a decent selection of women's cycle kit though.

Top Bottom