Lancastrian Sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It's just a tiny red dot close to the border. Maybe it's the same on the equivalent Yorkshire map?

EDIT... found a West Riding map by the same cartographer; Thomas Kitchen... there is no Todd! He's also a southerner. :whistle:

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
the historic boundary in Tod was the river Calder so it was split between Yorks and Lancs

It's Lancashire, they do odd things over there.
I bet you'd like it more with aunt bessies finest in tnere as well.

Seriously though, for me gravy I associate more with Yorkshire and their puddings. It would not surprise me if this was first done in the white rose County. Perhaps they stopped doing it when they got the costs back for the gravy!

There's a village that rolls coins down the road. Like golf you take turns to roll it along the road. First one to reach the finish line wins.

Then bog snorkeling or man vs horse races. There's a lot of unusual sporting challenges around the country.

I'd also argue that 'true' Lancashire is up here in Lonsdale rather than down there where they throw black pudding and wellies and call it sport :whistle:

The proud port city of Liverpool as well. Couldn't care less about the shithole at the end of the ship canal.

Todmorden? If Yorkshire wants it they can have it. Didn't think much of it whenever I've visited. They can take Burnley too if they want!

Top Bottom