Lance Armstrong?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Clearly he didn't write the book
(aside - I'm amused that my copy of It's Not About the Bike is 'by Lance Armstrong', whereas Every Second Counts is 'by Lance Armstrong with Sally Jenkins' :smile:)
in that he didn't get busy with the typewriter himself, but I bet it involved interview sessions with tape recorder, drafts of the book, reviews and edits, next draft, another review, etc until it said exactly what he wanted it to say, in the way he wanted it said : Lance would be far too control-freaky to do anything else...

(so it perhaps does class as 'writing it' in a way that, say, Wayne Rooney's 'autobiography' doesn't...? :blush:)

Tetedelacourse

andy_wrx said:
Clearly he didn't write the book
(aside - I'm amused that my copy of It's Not About the Bike is 'by Lance Armstrong', whereas Every Second Counts is 'by Lance Armstrong with Sally Jenkins' :smile:)
in that he didn't get busy with the typewriter himself, but I bet it involved interview sessions with tape recorder, drafts of the book, reviews and edits, next draft, another review, etc until it said exactly what he wanted it to say, in the way he wanted it said : Lance would be far too control-freaky to do anything else...

(so it perhaps does class as 'writing it' in a way that, say, Wayne Rooney's 'autobiography' doesn't...? :blush:)

Have you read this? Any good? Is it full of stuff like "Today I went to the chip shop. I like chips." and "Thank God for velcro boots"?

Tetedelacourse

andy_wrx said:
No I haven't read it (f*ck off! :blush:)

What I have done is seen the picture on the front
(in a display in Waterstones)
which is probably all he's done as well
(with a big fat cheque inside the sample copy).

:smile::biggrin::biggrin:

Read the to-ing and fro-ing between Betsy Andreau and Lance's lawyer on here
http://tinyurl.com/3xthbf

The fact that Lance is paying his lawyer to indulge in a slanging match with here on this paper's forum rather than simply taking her to court says something...

PaulB

Legendary Member
Suggestions he may not be able to compete being bandied about today. Apparently cyclists need at least six months drug free accreditation before they can compete and he certainly won't have that before some of the events he's targetted for the run up to his big come back. How ironic would it be that a drugs issue stood in the way of his ambitions?

maurice

The UCI are making themselves out to look a right bunch of idiots "we don't know how long he's been on the blood passport" etc. Perhaps they should find out.

mondobongo

Über Member
They are actually playing right into his bleeding hands were he can manipulate things to his advantage. This will show once more how weak willed and ineffective the UCI are.

I have very little doubt in my mind that armstrong will be on the start line for the Tour Down Under

Top Bottom