lance Armstrong

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tinywheels

Über Member
So it's been a few years.
Most every one is now a hater.
However, he was and still is someone who inspired me to push myself in cycling and beyond.
Despite his failings I find channeling an inner Armstrong can take me further and faster.
any one else suffer from this predicament?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
No.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I find his yankie arrogance more offensive than the doping scandal tbh, as it seems that everyone was at it and he just happened to be singled out for whatever reason. Not saying it's right of course..

When it comes to controversial doping "heroes" I have far more respect for Marco Pantani..

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
What Ian says is true but he was one hell of a rider & his 7 times should stand in a weird way as they were mostly all at it. Pretty much a level playing field. His pod cast is doing well & he’s just received a million from its sponsors. I bet in a few years he will have Paul kimmage on his podcast to talk about the past. That would certainly create some big global interest.
Edit: I meant David Walsh but Kimmage was a whistle blower of an earlier time.

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I must admit, he always instigates a response so I found the whole era quite exciting despite the drugs.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've always been a he who is without sin cast the first stone type, within reason that is. I'm not on about mass murderers and such types!:rolleyes: He survived lung and testicular cancer, then ok with the help of quite a few illegal substances :whistle:, he went on to 'win' seven TdF's. I still think though that his short cut across that field wasn't a fair thing to do!🤔

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
pre cancer , good one day/classics rider but vo2 max not super and decides to take stuff to keep up with the majority of the peleton
Post cancer ( he survives i will give him credit for that ) works with ferrari who sees the perfect blank slate to work with .
Besty Anderau is in the room when he lists all the drugs he is on to the hospitial
1st tdf win LA is found using banned cortisone and as its post festina affair the UCI need a "clean" figurehead so accept the whitewash of saddlesore cream.
LA at a later date gives 300k to the uci for "purchase of doping test equipment "
LA tries to bankrupt lemond by spreading rumours hes a drunk when lemond says its the greatest comeback or the greatest fraud
denies the conversation in the hospital , calls besty a whore
Sues the paper Walsh works for for slander
christophe basson (?) told to zip it whne he says what he thinks about doping

etc etc etc . maybe he wasnt doping anymore than some but the sly , nasty and calculating way he went about it is what sticks in my throat
Ohh and my day who died of cancer actually believed all the hype and the false hope ,

Rot in the deepest corner of hell springs to mind

Top Bottom