lance Armstrong

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I still think though that his short cut across that field wasn't a fair thing to do!🤔

I think that's the one thing he did that i could agree with. He took evasive action and didn't gain anything from it,, he just joined onto the back f the group he was just in front of.

as said, not o much the drug taking but the calculated attempts to destroy others and the arrogance that irks with me.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
We all make mistakes. His reputation is not recoverable. Despite all of this, no-one deserves to be hated by complete strangers. Let him be.

What Ian says is true but he was one hell of a rider & his 7 times should stand in a weird way as they were mostly all at it. Pretty much a level playing field. His pod cast is doing well & he’s just received a million from its sponsors. I bet in a few years he will have Paul kimmage on his podcast to talk about the past. That would certainly create some big global interest.
Edit: I meant David Walsh but Kimmage was a whistle blower of an earlier time.

It wasn't a level playing field. Who knows what Boardman could have done if his rivals were clean.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Its not just what he did When he got caught, he ruined other peoples lives to save his ego. He is a self centred, ego maniac. He inspired me to nothing. Him and Bjarne Riis belong in the same club.

When I mention Ukraine on here my comment gets deleted. It should be the same with this mans name

When he smeared his own ex-staff as a prostitute, this was no longer a simple case of doping, And it worked.

He continued smearing other riders, journalists and officials. He even went to the extent of influencing businesses, media houses and bike component providers by threatening to blackball their businesses. This included withdrawing support and sponsorship to his detractors. There was incidents where certain people were banned from restaurants, media conferences and even hotels during the tours.

There is a guy at our workplace, dumb as they come and rest of us would be praising his hero to high heaven. Till today he thinks we are with him as diehard fans. I wont be surprised one day we all get kicked out for bullying.

Last edited:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Who is lance Armstrong?
Is he related to Lance 'Nobber' Armstrong?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Perhaps I should remove this sticker from my 2007 Trek?

IMG_20221208_180917.jpg

ExBrit

Ãœber Member
So it's been a few years.
Most every one is now a hater.
However, he was and still is someone who inspired me to push myself in cycling and beyond.
Despite his failings I find channeling an inner Armstrong can take me further and faster.
any one else suffer from this predicament?

I'll never forgive him for what he did to Greg LeMond. Just one of the many innocent victims of lance's ego.
Greg > lance

Top Bottom