Lance - comeback race - TDU

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rustychisel

this just in...

official press release

"Tour Down Under E-Newsletter
Spectate & Participate

Škoda Breakaway Series

Race Information

LANCE ARMSTRONG TO RACE AT
2009 TOUR DOWN UNDER
September 2008

The Tour Down Under in Adelaide attracts some of the biggest names in world cycling. And there's no bigger name than Lance Armstrong who in 2009 will compete in Australia for the first time in his comeback race. Don't miss this opportunity to see the seven time Tour de France winner doing what he does best.

Lance Armstrong has confirmed that he will make his official comeback to road cycling racing at the 2009 Tour Down Under.

His return to professional cycling aims to raise awareness of the global cancer burden.

A cancer survivor and record breaking cyclist, Lance Armstrong is the seven times winner of the Tour de France, winning the race between 1999-2005, before retiring from the sport in 2005.

In 2008, over 15,000 people travelled to South Australia to watch the Tour Down Under. This is your opportunity to see a legend of the sport compete against the world's best cyclists through the streets and countryside of South Australia.

Book your Weekend Getaway package to Adelaide now.

The 2009 Tour Down Under is the first stop on the world cycling calendar and will be held in South Australia from 18-25 January 2009.

To unsubscribe from the Tour Down Under email tourdownunder@tourism.sa.com with 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

Disclaimer | Privacy | Copyright 2004 | South Australian Tourism Commission
www.tourdownunder.com.au "

Keith Oates

Janner
I read in some previous report that he can't ride a UCI event until February as he has to get in 6 months for the Drug free passport thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haitch

Flim Flormally
On the radio this morning Pat McQuaid said Lance satisfied the six month limit and was eligible to take part. The BBC's take on the story is here. Still no confirmation of who he'll be riding for. I really think he'll be missing a trick if he doesn't set up his own team.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Chuffy said:
Well blow me down with a feather. I'll bet no-one expected that!
;)

I really believe he's missing a trick!

What would get more publicity for his foundation:
The Lance Armstrong Live Strong Anti-Cancer Team (all proceeds go to charity), or
The Capital City of a Country You Can't Spot on a Map but Know was Ridiculed in a Tacky Film Team (all proceeds go to team doctors)?

Should I apply to be Lance's publicist?

Alan H said:
I really believe he's missing a trick!

What would get more publicity for his foundation:
The Lance Armstrong Live Strong Anti-Cancer Team (all proceeds go to charity), or
The Capital City of a Country You Can't Spot on a Map but Know was Ridiculed in a Tacky Film Team (all proceeds go to team doctors)?
Should I apply to be Lance's publicist?
I think he may have a couple of those already...

It would take too long to set a team up, particularly for someone as fastidious as Lance. He would also have to strip other teams of key players and that would be very, very expensive. With Astana he has a ready made team, staffed by much of the old USP/Disco set-up. Add in Bruyneel and it's a no-brainer.

Procceds to team doctors? Heh, no change there then...;)

girofan

Has somebody broken wind, or is that bad smell the return of Armstrong? xx(:wacko:

girofan said:
Has somebody broken wind, or is that bad smell the return of Armstrong? xx(:wacko:
No, no. It is a fine and wonderful thing that St Lance is coming back. Anyone who says otherwise is just a biased loser who is stupid enough to believe the neverending lies from all those people who have blown the whistle on him over the years. Those test results from 1999 were invented by a jealous French press and not evidence of eggy naughtiness. The Tour has been bereft of interest since he retired and since no other seven time winner has emerged in the two years since he left the public have been bored rigid and turned away en-masse. The Tour is clearly dying on its ass and desperately needs a hero to come in to save it. Lance is that hero.
Etc......:cycle:

Top Bottom