Lance documentary BBC iPlayer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
The ESPN documentary about Lance Armstrong is available to view on the iPlayer, there’s nothing really new to reveal, but he still carries on as if he’s the dogs doodah’s , in one scene the whole family are in the kitchen making a salad, Lance cuts his finger then creates a fuss over calling one of my doctor friends, as in look at me I have doctor friends I can ring anytime , it’s cringey, then at some sort of presentation, they sneak out of the back afterwards, one of his entourage says why are we going this way, I don’t think anyone is bothered with us.
generally it proves he’s still a prat of the highest order.

dodgy

I thought it was a good documentary, I'm definitely not a fan of his, but it was good to see the entire story laid out in a quality 2 part documentary.
He's not a particularly nice person.

Rock bus

Über Member
Really interesting documentary.
Main learning for me was the fact he has learnt absolutely nothing! Still has no humility and is only interested in himself. Tries to use the documentary to ‘sell himself’ but still comes across as a d*ck!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I'm part way through part one.
My first thought was that he still can't understand the reactions to his cheating.
He still believes he is the big I am.
I will watch the rest though.

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
Yes, the feeling I got was that he’s actually a psychopath, he has no guilt over anything he did, there was a reaction to what happened to Jan Ulrich, but it was crocodile tears, he can’t get over Floyd Landis, or anyone else who could be taken as being as good,or better then himself, he is one screwed up individual

For all his faults, I admire his single mindedness. Only a real fanatic would have a testicle removed to save weight.
Don't, I almost choked on my toast, lol.

mustang1

Guru
Are these doctors his friends or acquaintances who might get something in return for being at Lance's beck and call? In which case one can say I have the following on my "employee" list: doctors, lawyers, architects and so on. They all get paid some how. Even Ferrari got paid. Was he friend or just offering his services for a price?

Then there's the case of these doctors (and others) who want to deal with someone of Lance's personality; they must be well looked after.

johnblack

Über Member
I'm going to go against the grain, I like him for the fact that he hasn't just hidden.

He's done some awful things to people and will shoulder that forever, I don't think he expects forgiveness for it and who can blame those who have been at the receiving end of his retribution.

But the drugs thing, couldn't care less, they were nearly all absolutely pinging on the stuff, he just had the best program and reacted extremely well to the gear, his punishment for that side of things was the harshest possible.

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
Are these doctors his friends or acquaintances who might get something in return for being at Lance's beck and call? In which case one can say I have the following on my "employee" list: doctors, lawyers, architects and so on. They all get paid some how. Even Ferrari got paid. Was he friend or just offering his services for a price?

Then there's the case of these doctors (and others) who want to deal with someone of Lance's personality; they must be well looked after.
Doesn’t say, but the impression I got was him trying to show how important he is that a doctor friend is at his beck and call, trouble was his family didn’t get what was going on and he looked more like David Brent

Top Bottom