[Lance] Slate Heads for the Blacklist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
John the Monkey said:
:biggrin:

I'm enjoying the racing tips he seems to be giving to Berto in his latest interviews. Berto himself seems to have the arse a bit with the leadership question, saying there are "9 leaders" in Astana in an interview today.
As well as having the key to being aware of cancer, only St Lance has any experience of riding the TdF. After all, it didn't happen in the three years when he was away doing other stuff.

John the Monkey said:
He DID say he would set up his own, money no object testing program with Don Catlin. And then binned it as being too expensive.
And too inconvenient.

He DID get the arse with the media at the Giro in a BIG way.
He was a regular winner of the Prix Citron which journalists covering the Tour award to the rider with a nob shaped like a lemon most grumpy rider.

He DID block journos he doesn't like, despite earlier claims about transparency.
Throughout his Tour career famously had a Black List of journos who had said things that he didn't like. That's 'things he didn't like' as opposed to 'things that weren't true' btw. If you didn't toe the line, you didn't get access.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
stoatsngroats said:
If it's on my behalf, I'd rather you just continued your life - I don't need you to prove anything!
Very kind, thank you - I do have a wheel I should be truing out in the garage, after all....

Look. I hate to say this Chuffy and JTM but you are both starting to mirror Kimmage and Walsh. I'm not sure who is who yet but really and honestly; I can only read so many of these Lance threads before I've had my fill. I held off reading this for a few days because I knew what it said before I read it. It's put more into perspective now when I read comments and interpretation of the same interviews I'm watching and realize I'm taking a completely different view away from the interview than you seem to be.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Crackle said:
Look. I hate to say this Chuffy and JTM but you are both starting to mirror Kimmage and Walsh.
I do try to flag threads in here with the bit in square brackets, crackle - I appreciate that not everyone wants to read about the topics that interest me.

I think articles like this are worth bringing up because so few people are telling this story. Very few people, it seems to me, is looking at what's being said and where it opposes what's being done, the promises that are broken &c &c.

This stuff matters, I think - it matters in this particular case because of the stature of the person involved, and the effect his pronouncements, attitude and stance is likely to have, especially if he moves into management as is rumoured.

I think it matters in a more general sense too, because cycling as a sport has suffered too much from people saying one thing and doing another.

I read comments and interpretation of the same interviews I'm watching and realize I'm taking a completely different view away from the interview than you seem to be

I'm certainly willing to discuss and defend my interpretation of what's said - isn't that fair enough?

John the Monkey said:
I do try to flag threads in here with the bit in square brackets, crackle - I appreciate that not everyone wants to read about the topics that interest me.

I think articles like this are worth bringing up because so few people are telling this story. Very few people, it seems to me, is looking at what's being said and where it opposes what's being done, the promises that are broken &c &c.

This stuff matters, I think - it matters in this particular case because of the stature of the person involved, and the effect his pronouncements, attitude and stance is likely to have, especially if he moves into management as is rumoured.

I think it matters in a more general sense too, because cycling as a sport has suffered too much from people saying one thing and doing another.

I'm certainly willing to discuss and defend my interpretation of what's said - isn't that fair enough?

Yes I note, you do carefully title stuff. I am willing to discuss it but I don't spend a lot of time reading about problems in the sport so after a while I find there's only so much I can say and here's the rub. I don't want to talk about it during the Tour. I have to say, it's spoiling it a bit for me all the haterz comments in the threads. It's not that I don't agree in part or full, I just don't want to hear it everytime certain names come up and I really appreciate it, if it didn't happen and we could just enjoy the race. Now if something develops whilst the race is on, as it has in the past, then fair do's but if we could avoid dredging in the stage spoiler threads that would be a relief.

Whether a good idea or bad idea you can say but I've asked for a new sub-forum to discuss sport problems, actually that might be a good title 'sport issues' to seperate it from the race section which seems to be just completely overrun with issues threads. I'm also thinking having such a sub-forum will act to self-filter all the doping comments out the race threads, beyone the odd jokes or issues which the race brings up.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Chuffy said:
I believe Lance has a wheel on standby with "If you can read this, you're too close" on it.

In Spanish...:headshake:

LOL! IF I can recall my O level spanish I think his spare would really say

si usted puede leer esto que está perdiendo

I can see why it might irritate Crackers, but as JtM says, this stuff does matter and if we can't refer to it during the Tour, when on earth can we? Besides, the 'yay Lance!' fanboy comments irritate the hell out of me, so any jokes or piss-takes are my way of dealing with them, which seems only fair.

Jonathan M

Landslide said:
"Sarah Palin in Spandex"!
xx(

Wouldn't surprise me if he went into politics at some point, a la Schwarzenegger.

I seem to remember that LA dismissed rumours of him moving into politics when he wsa interviewed about his acquaintance with G. Dubya Bush during his retirement.

andyfromotley

Gosh what a nasty little peice. Nothing new to add, no journalistic merit, just a i dont like him heres why diatribe.

I like the way he deals with the press, treat em how you wish. Being nice to em isnt compulsory.

andyfromotley said:
Gosh what a nasty little peice. Nothing new to add, no journalistic merit, just a i dont like him heres why diatribe.

I like the way he deals with the press, treat em how you wish. Being nice to em isnt compulsory.
Hmmm, treat them like crap and then complain when they don't kiss your arse?

Cause and effect old chap....

Top Bottom