Lance's Dublin cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have been following Lance's twitter for the last couple of days and he has just anounced that he is going for a ride today. Similar to the one in Paisley last week.

Good morning Dublin. Who wants to ride this afternoon? I do. 5:30 pm @ the roundabout of Fountain Rd and Chesterfield Ave. See you there..

Just checking out the price/time of trains to dublin today to go down to see the madness that this will cause.

Remember the main Belfast - Dublin rail line is out due to a bridge collapse at Malahide.. transfer to bus.. Mind you if you go in your gear you could always cycle in from there into Phoenix Park (Dublin Zoo is near the meet). Can't make it myself unfortunately as I'm home alone with child needing picking up :-( and 3hrs drive away !

Globalti

Legendary Member
What on earth is Lance doing? Is he trying to restyle himself as some kind of cycling messiah?

I wonder if Paul Kimmage will be going along? They could compare notes about their racing days.

OP
OP
simon walsh

simon walsh

Über Member
Just back about 1 hour ago. There had to be at least 1000 people there which as you can imagine caused chaos. I couldn't get close enough tro the front to see Lance and it was really dangerous with the speed or lack of that some riders were riding. We were doing 21mph and going though slower cyclists doing 10mph a recipie for disaster. I saw 1 crash and would imagine there was more.

All in all a good sight but way to dangerous and some people taking to many risks to get close.

lance4.jpg

lance3.jpg

lance2.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
Thrilling! The guy in picture 3 has broken away but the peloton are gradually managing to reel him in....

Top Bottom