Land line; is it time to dump it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Like most other people, I suspect, I stopped using my land line phone many years ago. I only kept my land line so that I have broadband internet access and used my laptop for accessing the internet. I am now finding that I use the laptop less and less, as most of the functions that I used it for I can now find on my mobile phone. I don't really do much in the way of downloading films, music, or gaming.
So why am I spending £30 plus per month on line rental and broadband? Is it time to scrap the land line or am I overlooking something?

sleuthey

Legendary Member
I did 3 years ago and went for virgins broadband only deal.

The decision point was when my mobile network included 0800 numbers within my free minutes

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have kept my landline because my mother phones me. As she is 98 years old she has no idea what broadband or the net is so I need it to keep in touch with her.

As I need a landline to access the net here I will keep it anyway. i don't use my phone much but I do have a tablet and my tv is hooked up to the net as well. And we have a PlayStation as well. As the whole lot only costs me £24 a month now that I have left BT I am happy to pay that.

13 rider

Guru
Keep it because it keeps me in work ^_^

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Something to consider... The amount of data on your mobile plan. Without the broadband (WiFi) in your home, you will use a lot more data from your mobile allowance.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It's far cheaper to call out on my mobile but use a lot of broadband which i expect is far cheaper via my landline... plus, when Lancaster flooded a few years ago, the mobile networks all went down but the landline didn't, which meant I could keep in touch with my parents throughout the three day power cut.

tom73

Guru
I’d have ditched it a few years ago. We don’t need if for boardband as we have cable. It gets used once in a while. It’s Mrs 73 that don’t like the idea of not having it.
For the moment it looks like the yearly haggle over the price will have do.

Top Bottom