Land line; is it time to dump it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Should,but can't.:okay:
Perhaps @tyred should have written. "99.9% of owners can do that from a mobile too".

I keep my landline as it still works in a power cut, and mobiles may not (depending on how extensive the outage may be).
It's the other way round in our house. Landline doesn't work in a power cut (of which we have had 4 in the last week!) but mobile phone does. It's been useful having the mobile available because I have been able to phone and go online (via data) to find out from the Electricity Distribution Company the nature of the fault and estimated restoration time.

13 rider

Guru
It's the other way round in our house. Landline doesn't work in a power cut (of which we have had 4 in the last week!) but mobile phone does. It's been useful having the mobile available because I have been able to phone and go online (via data) to find out from the Electricity Distribution Company the nature of the fault and estimated restoration time.
A landline does not stop working in a power cut but your phone might if it plugged into the electric an old fashioned corded phone will still work

A landline does not stop working in a power cut but your phone might if it plugged into the electric an old fashioned corded phone will still work
Yes, that's the reason. I have a landline phone that is dependant on being plugged in to the electricity supply.

i never use the landline for calls but use broadband a lot of laptop and xbox etc
will be stuck with paying it for a while longer

Top Bottom