Landis 'fesses up?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am an unashamed Lance fan and I will be gutted if it turns out he has been doping all along. What has struck me with all the dopers that have been caught, is that they have all been pretty much completely self-serving. I find it hard to believe that someone who has put together such a great cancer foundation to help other people would do that. So, until there's definitive proof, I shall continue to admire, support and believe in Lance who is still one of my sporting heroes along with Ayrton Senna.

Chuffy said:
Guardian have an instant poll on whether people believe in Lance or not. THESE INSTANT POLLS ARE NOT RELIABLE and I should know, being in the same line of work. However, I am surprised at the split in the vote.

Given the amount of coverage this story has received, not just in the cycling media, does this suggest that we are on the verge of a seismic shift in public attitudes towards St Lance? ;)

After the latest in a series of allegations about doping in cycling, do you still believe in Lance Armstrong and his seven Tour de France wins?
> Yes
> No

I had trouble answering that.

Still believe
?
No, 'cos I haven't believed for probably 7 or 8 years.

How about, "after all the evidence which has been available for so long, are you surprised by these latest allegations ?"

raindog

er.....
andy_wrx said:

Still believe
?
No, 'cos I haven't believed for probably 7 or 8 years.

How about, "after all the evidence which has been available for so long, are you surprised by these latest allegations ?"
LOL
I was looking for another box to tick too, but couldn't find one ;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Flying_Monkey said:
There is a hint on Cyclingnews today that this may start to go deeper after all. It seems that two anonymous individuals (but apparently amongst those named by Landis) may now be 'cooperating' in return for leniency... this could run and run.

Yep, just in time for a big expose in say July? When the world is watching, what better way to make a few bucks?

Unfortunately this is likely to detract from the efforts on the road with the race taking second place in the world media.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
iLB said:
i don't know if you linked the wrong story, but i didn't get that impression at all...
On the second page...

"The United States Anti-Doping Authority has taken a different line and appointed the federal investigator Jeff Novitzky to the case. Landis and Armstrong’s former wife are understood to be co-operating".

iLB

Hello there
ahh second page, doh

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I think it's funny that the blood was stored in a small fridge in Armstrong's apartment. Surely people would've seen this fridge and asked questions? Landis' story all seems a bit thrown together to me.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
eldudino said:
A separate fridge, I would expect LA to have a pretty slick kitchen and not a separate wee fridge hanging around somewhere.

:biggrin: you wouldn't want to accidentally use the wrong ingredients for freshly made black pudding, would you! :smile:

Mind you, Americans love their fridges, the bigger the better for the main one, and small mini-bar style ones in other rooms are apparently not unknown in more up-market accommodation ....

T

mangaman

eldudino said:
I think it's funny that the blood was stored in a small fridge in Armstrong's apartment. Surely people would've seen this fridge and asked questions? Landis' story all seems a bit thrown together to me.

People who saw the fridge were probably well aware of it's contents

That's the point Landis is making - it was institutionalised and they all knew about it.

I doubt the fridge was on public display, next to his food fridge - that would have been odd. Probably in a spare room or even a shed/garage so only people in the know would see it

Top Bottom