Lanzarote road cycling routes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rallybiker

Rule #85
I'm off to catch some rays in Sept this year and taking my road bike over with me. Could any one advise me on some nice routes starting from Costa Teguise of about 100km? Thanks

S-Express

Take a look on mapmyride - plenty of routes to choose from on there..

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Loads of routes, we stayed in Costa Teguise about 23 years ago and just got on the bikes. I went with a mate and ended up proposing to my now wife when I got home - he wasn't up for beers at night and it was a bit quiet. this was before Garmin days - just get a map. Check out the Lagoons at the top end of the Island that are pink and green, then you've got to ride up and down Fire Mountain. It's fast and you will overtake cars. It is windy as hell there and there is no let up.

I wouldn't get too stressed about routes as it's not that big - you can do a lap of the island before lunch. Drivers are a revelation compared to the UK

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Are there 100km of roads on the island?

We recently spent a week with a car in the (larger) Gran Canaria. A great place for riding if you like utterly relentless hills, but it's only 40km from the coast to the middle of the Island.

Top Bottom