Lap top help required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Somehow i've made my screen smaller. It's only covering about 3 quarters of the screen,if you know what i mean. I've been fiddling with it for an hour now Any ideas as to what i've done and how to solve it?

Buck

Guru
You've most likely changed the screen resolution.

If it's a Windows laptop...

To change your screen resolution. , clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Somehow i've made my screen smaller. It's only covering about 3 quarters of the screen,if you know what i mean. I've been fiddling with it for an hour now Any ideas as to what i've done and how to solve it?

Has it only reduced in size in one direction? I.e does it cover the whole screen from top to bottom leaving a gap on one side, or does it cover the whole screen from side to side leaving a gap at the top or bottom?

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)

That happened to me on a Dell laptop a few years ago. I never did find a fix for it.

Salty seadog

It's got a gap on the left and on the top. I

does it go back to full size if you click the square at the top right of the window, between the - and the x?

Salty seadog

There isn't a square there. I'm going to have to take the thing into a local computer shop. All this happened because i kept getting pop up adverts. I must' ve pressed something, trying to get rid of the damn things.

ok, can you put the cursor on the strip at the top of the window , hold the left mouse button down and drag the mouse to the left, should move the window and then hopefully the right edge will appear again with the square , dash and x.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
ok, can you put the cursor on the strip at the top of the window , hold the left mouse button down and drag the mouse to the left, should move the window and then hopefully the right edge will appear again with the square , dash and x.
i've done it. It worked!:okay: There's about a few millimeters missing on either side but it's a lot better. Thanks!:okay:

Top Bottom