Laphroaig SELECT anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I drank a lot of whisky years back,Highland Park 12 years old was a favourite.But cost got me down to blended and White and Mackay hits the spot now,i do have a Jameson which is like christmas cake its gorgeous,it was a gift from the lad next door,for keeping his garden neat and tidy.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
@postman some of the Irish whiskeys are incredibly smooth, Jameson on is a staple on the shelf. Quite like some of their other offerings too.
Not averse to a blend, grouse is a decent one often at a decent price 👍

Profpointy

Legendary Member
@postman some of the Irish whiskeys are incredibly smooth, Jameson on is a staple on the shelf. Quite like some of their other offerings too.
Not averse to a blend, grouse is a decent one often at a decent price 👍

I tend to the view that cheap whiskey is miles
better than cheap whisky but the Scotsmen still have the edge for the good stuff

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
@Profpointy absolutely, no whisky/whiskey snob but definitely prefer a decent single malt over anything else.
Sometimes however I just want to get pissed and the cheaper will suffice which as you suggest is where the Irish come in handy ^_^
Never got into bourbon though

Last edited:
1649833661640.png

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Swap it for this:
1650022571208.png

— and never look back. One of the world's best plain-sight secrets.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Just been given a bottle for my birthday ! I know what it tastes like but willing to try it as it’s been a while :laugh: . May try it with a dash of water .

Even saying Laphroig makes me wince after a me and a mate downed a bottle at Uni many moons ago, never touched a drop of whiskey since.:surrender:

CharlesF

Guru
We had an old friend to stay, who professed to like whisky. Being the perfect host I plied her with various single malts from my collection; and a good time was had by all.

When she left, she gifted me “the best whisky”. On opening I had to enthuse over Johnny Walker Red.

A bit of a let down.

Top Bottom