laptop dead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Well here's something you don't know then. you can, if you don't mind telling a porky. There is a loop hole which allows the users of 'Microsoft assistive technologies' to get the upgrade for free. Did it myself only last week to four year old HP laptop my wife bought running Win7:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/acc...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-0FBZfNm6YPFXNhiu3o52rA)()
At no point do they ask you to confirm if you are actually using assistive technologies.

Perhaps he's asking why anyone would want to.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Perhaps he's asking why anyone would want to.
That's another matter. Perhaps a more pertinent question might be why would anyone want to use a laptop.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Well here's something you don't know then. you can, if you don't mind telling a porky. There is a loop hole which allows the users of 'Microsoft assistive technologies' to get the upgrade for free. Did it myself only last week to four year old HP laptop my wife bought running Win7:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/acc...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-0FBZfNm6YPFXNhiu3o52rA)()
At no point do they ask you to confirm if you are actually using assistive technologies.
Ah, I see - I didn't know that!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Why would anyone want to install w10.

Because 8/8.1 was crap.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
New battery arrived but its not charging , phoned support as its under warranty and i have to send it off as either the charger or charge point is fubared they reckon :sad: full bios update done and now backing up....

Jason

at least you have two batteries once the fault is fixed. just make sure to remove mains power and run on battery until almost flat during the week. Nothing kills batteries quicker than keeping them plugged into the mains all the time, and never discharging

Top Bottom