Laptop or tablet thingy... Guidance would be appreciated!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
A quick bit of online research and the opinion seems to be that you will have to pay for W10 but all future Windows upgrades will be free.

I think I'll stick with 8.1 after all. I've never actually upgraded any OS, I just wait till I need a new PC which obviously has the latest pre-installed. I suspect that's what most users do too.
It's free for the first year of release.

andyfraser

Über Member
A quick bit of online research and the opinion seems to be that you will have to pay for W10 but all future Windows upgrades will be free.

I think I'll stick with 8.1 after all. I've never actually upgraded any OS, I just wait till I need a new PC which obviously has the latest pre-installed. I suspect that's what most users do too.
This link suggests that W10 will be a free upgrade for the first year for users of W7, W8 and Windows Phone. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30924022

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
[QUOTE 3490344, member: 259"]Desktops or towers for production. With at least two massive screens.[/QUOTE]
I agree, but the OP was in a lappy/ tablet conundrum.

andyfraser

Über Member
[QUOTE 3490344, member: 259"]Desktops or towers for production. With at least two massive screens.[/QUOTE]
Could you explain the two screen thing to me? I had two screens in my previous job and was given two in my current job but now only use one. I've never found the need for the second screen.

andyfraser

Über Member
[QUOTE 3490383, member: 259"]I work with translations, Adobe programs and a content management system, and it's dead useful to have two screens open to compare or to copy and paste from one format to another. I have three screens and I keep my code in the left and the 'live' on the right. It's frustrating if you end up having to do it on one screen, if you're on holiday or away.[/QUOTE]
I can see it would make sense in your case. I think I'm just too used to alt-tab and can get away with having windows side by side on one screen. I do like a 1920x1080 resolution or better and certainly no lower than 1440x900 or 1280x1024.

Top Bottom