Laptop repair cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
15-AC121NA Hinges £10 on ebay

Replacement keyboard £13.49 on ebay

If you provide the parts yourself. labour shouldnt amount to over £30. £20 at the least i would say and ive replaced all sorts of gubbins on an old laptop of mine. --- Thats how much i would charge though, others might charge as much as £50.

If you live near the north london area or are willing to have the laptop shipped to me, i'd be willing to have a look and do the work for you. Though i would need to asses if there has been any further damage to the chassis but if you put it down on the table and it doesnt wobble then we should be ok.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Is it covered under house insurance?
i have acciental cover i have emailed them to see if itscovered and the excess on the policy for accidental stuff

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

15-AC121NA Hinges £10 on ebay

Replacement keyboard £13.49 on ebay

If you provide the parts yourself. labour shouldnt amount to over £30. £20 at the least i would say and ive replaced all sorts of gubbins on an old laptop of mine. --- Thats how much i would charge though, others might charge as much as £50.

If you live near the north london area or are willing to have the laptop shipped to me, i'd be willing to have a look and do the work for you. Though i would need to asses if there has been any further damage to the chassis but if you put it down on the table and it doesnt wobble then we should be ok.
only about 100 mile away :smile:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I used to replace a lot of Dell D series Latitude hinges at work when they snapped, I cannibalised all them from machines where the motherboard had gone. Replacing hinges can be fairly trivial, I am sure someone on YouTube had done it.

Must admit my household has a Lenovo laptop from ooh 8 years ago. I installed a SSD drive to update it recently but it's been pretty good. Would definitely buy again.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Update
Claim settled with £100 excess , laptop beyond economical repair
Voucher for £500 plus a further £57 to use as i see fit for extra storage as most modern laptops have a smaller SSD and mine had a 2 tb HDD
I already have a 1 tb external drive so i tool the cash directly , the voucher for the laptop was for currys so i plumped for this as its about the only one in stock
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...d-ryzen-5-256-gb-ssd-silver-10207935-pdt.html

They kept the old laptop . luckily i backed it up 1st

Reactions: C R

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Only thing is your insurance will go up to cover it. An insurance company will not suffer any type of loss if they can help it.
You might as well have just gone out and bought one for a couple of hundred, with you having to pay the £100 excess as well.

C R

Guru
Only thing is your insurance will go up to cover it. An insurance company will not suffer any type of loss if they can help it.
You might as well have just gone out and bought one for a couple of hundred, with you having to pay the £100 excess as well.
It is unlikely that the premium will go up by as much as the voucher value.

Top Bottom