Larder Fridge warm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Think I may have stumbled upon an installer problem with our new kitchen. Our built in Neff fridge is warm, not cooling great. I need to cut a vent in my plinth. Also need to cut slots in my carcass as well. It’s floor to ceiling units ! It’s a guess but it fits the problems I have over heating !!

822FB58F-D9F7-492C-8BBD-46EEA94CD1DF.jpeg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get the installer to sort it as they caused the issue.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Yes I just replaced an inbuilt fridge freezer unit. They should have space underneath. Mine was stood on a U shaped base, so the hot air from the motor could go into the void to dissipate . I had to raise it to make the new unit fit the doors, so used an offcut piece of worktop, but I cut out a similar piece to keep the ventilation to the void.

as @fossyant say, get the installer back. You may just want to undo the door clips and slide it out to prove your theory first though.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Get the installer to sort it as they caused the issue.

I may get in contact but it would be easier for me to fix . I’ll get the door off when I get in and take it out and have a look in the carcass. Should be an easy fix . Might need to just cut some slots and holes to allow some air in.

Jody

Stubborn git
I may get in contact but it would be easier for me to fix . I’ll get the door off when I get in and take it out and have a look in the carcass. Should be an easy fix . Might need to just cut some slots and holes to allow some air in.

Did you pay for the design and fitting?

the snail

Guru

I would read the installation instructions and see what the specs are for vents - even if the fridge isn't warm, it will be inefficient without proper venting, and costing you money.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The base should be cut something like this - support for the legs / unit but a void for ventilation.

1667299030306.png

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
The base should be cut something like this - support for the legs / unit but a void for ventilation.

View attachment 666608

It might be , I’ll need to look . Easy enough to do with the jigsaw if not .

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It might be , I’ll need to look . Easy enough to do with the jigsaw if not .

Indeed, I cut my spacer piece with a deeper V shape, as it was easier with a jigsaw, and I could stop it sliding by putting a screw into the lower piece tight behind the V.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Indeed, I cut my spacer piece with a deeper V shape, as it was easier with a jigsaw, and I could stop it sliding by putting a screw into the lower piece tight behind the V.

If memory serves me right the fridge ( Neff) has s sealed along the sides and back , which means it must be open on the bottom only ! Jigsaw or circular saw should do the trick. Might stick a vent on the plinth as well , shall see .

presta

Guru
You need two vents to create a rising flow of air over the condenser on the back of the fridge, one at the top for hot air to escape, and another at the bottom to let cool air in. One vent at the bottom is no use, because the hot air will still be trapped in the cupboard like the air in a hot air balloon.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
If memory serves me right the fridge ( Neff) has s sealed along the sides and back , which means it must be open on the bottom only ! Jigsaw or circular saw should do the trick. Might stick a vent on the plinth as well , shall see .

yes do that - Who designed this kitchen and didn't put a vent in the plinth?

Mine has vent in plinth below fridge freezer int the void area, and the unit the fridge/ freezer sits in has no back and short top so is effectively vented at the top wall side.

Top Bottom