Laser Space 2 tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iwantanewbike

Über Member
Hi

Thought I'd show you how useful this tent is for cycle camping and touring. I've used this a few times now and I'm still amazed how it manages to fit two bikes in the porch area without them touching the side of the tent (by leaning them together).

Here's a few pics..
IMG_20170828_083637665.jpg
IMG_20170828_083629909.jpg

IMG_20170828_083611045.jpg

IMG_20170827_184657693.jpg
IMG_20170827_184648643.jpg
IMG_20170828_172358472.jpg

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very nice, but six hundred sovs might be a rich for some.

classic33

Leg End Member
the Wild Country Zepyros 3 Living is the cheaper (and heavier) version of the same tent
http://www.sportsdirect.com/wild-country-country-by-terra-nova-zephyros-3-living-tent-783033

The drawback of the design is the difficulty of getting it pitched if it's windy. The large hoop would be fairly easily broken if the wind catches a part-pitched tent, especially if you are trying to pitch on your own.
Peg the outer into place, keeping it flat, then insert the pole(s). Adjusting the pegs if required.

Crankarm

Guru
Hi

Thought I'd show you how useful this tent is for cycle camping and touring. I've used this a few times now and I'm still amazed how it manages to fit two bikes in the porch area without them touching the side of the tent (by leaning them together).

Here's a few pics..
View attachment 370420 View attachment 370421
View attachment 370423
View attachment 370424 View attachment 370425 View attachment 370426

Too big too heavy. If you are that concerned about your bikes get a cheap tarp or camotarp.

In France a few weeks ago there were two guys with a big tent, when it starting raining (only lightly) they rushed to get their bikes into the porch bit of the tent and then ate their dinner jammed in with the bikes. We thought it was a bit daft and wondered if they stop and put the tent up if it rains when they're riding. A plastic bag over the saddle does it for us.

Ok, if you are using commercial campsites, but a tad large if trying to hide away somewhere. apart from the saddle it hardly matters if a bike gets wet, I would find it amusing if the peeps had been cycling all day in the rain, then once at a campsite they put the bikes in the tent all snug and warm. Each to there own i Guess. I use a Lazer comp and the bike lives outside when on tour.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The usual buyers of these tents aren't those who wish to hide two bikes in the porch, but those who wish to be able to stand up inside, at least weight.

Top Bottom