Last Cycle Commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah well, that's my last cycle commute for 2007. Ive got to work tomorrow but its the Christmas meal so I'll take the bus after that, I'm off. Some may have already completed their last commute too, those of you who haven't take care and hopefully there are many more happy miles for us all in the new year.

Tynan

Veteran
last one yesterday, scooter today for a few reasons, one of which being it's been freezing all week and I've caned it as well so a bit weary and a 3am start tomorrow driving to the South (ish) of France

indeed, here's to more freezing cold weather, I'd like to say miserable weather but it's actually been nice barring the one icy start

Tynan said:
last one yesterday, scooter today for a few reasons, one of which being it's been freezing all week and I've caned it as well so a bit weary and a 3am start tomorrow driving to the South (ish) of France

Goo, goo_mason. Are you there? I will be kind and leave this one for you to comment on. Think of it as a Christmas gift....:biggrin::wacko:

mrben

Last commute today - back on the 31st which should put be on 250 for the year (where the year started at the end of October for me....). Off to Yorkshire in the car tomorrow.

I shall be taking my usual assailable lead in the 2008 commuting distance stakes as I'm finishing work at 2am on new year's day :biggrin:.

Merry xmas everyone, and may all your presents be waterproof... or intoxicating :wacko:

This is what worries me.Everyone seems to be off while im still commuting.There were some real idiots out there.(Last Night)

Im working to Christmas Eve inclusive then off to New Years day.

Thanks to the Royal Mail Idiot who passed too close to me on Southwark bridge last night.Fool.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My last commute ended up being last week....our roads are seriously iced up so took the bus this week....don't fancy a&e at christmas.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Did my last one yesterday (I'd forgotten the missus was working, so had to take a last minute day off today).

Very icy up in Crewe, and not so good at the side of the carriageway or on the cyclepaths from Wilmslow. Fine in the road though, although I took it a bit easier than usual most of the way. Stopped off at Rick Green Cycles (Handforth) on the way back to drop in a box of chocs to say thanks (they helped me out when I blew tyre and tube to bits on Tuesday) and Merry Christmas. Hopefully I'll be back in the New Year for an SCR of some description.

I've not noticed a huge difference in the quality of driving this week, although I nearly got beaten up on Tuesday (passed a car in a side road, said "Thank you" slightly ironically because he'd blocked the cycle lane, but slightly sincerely too, as he didn't pull out in front of me like some do there - guy thought I'd sworn at him).

I've been being more careful towards the end of the week, it being Christmas party season and all. I reckon I'll miss being on the bike by about boxing day, although this new commute is kicking my bottom.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Mine was rather slow, I put it down to all the mince pies, I sure it had nothing to do with the number of glasses of mulled wine...

Ped walked out on me tonight suddenly luckily I spotted him.Just stepped straight off the kerb looking the other way.Saw a cool cab registration coming up to Blackfriars Bridge tonight round the back from Waterloo via the LWT Building and to OXO tower. T1PME

I wanted a photo but he turned off.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Tynan said:

indeed, here's to more freezing cold weather, I'd like to say miserable weather but it's actually been nice barring the one icy start

(Thanks, Magnatom. I wasn't on the ball there....)

Tynan, ya big jessie !! ;):biggrin:

Top Bottom