Last Cycle Commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Terminator said:
Ped walked out on me tonight suddenly luckily I spotted him.Just stepped straight off the kerb looking the other way.Saw a cool cab registration coming up to Blackfriars Bridge tonight round the back from Waterloo via the LWT Building and to OXO tower. T1PME

I wanted a photo but he turned off.

You'd have shaken your head yesterday. I was coming up and a teenage pedestrian just walked out in the road without looking. I wouldn't have been that surprised if it were just me there, but there was a large merc with noisy tyres coming along at the same time at speed.

His Mum was horrified, I was chuckling at his little two-step in the road to get back to the pavement. He made it safely, thank goodness!

Yeah my ped apologised which is good.I don't enjoy mowing peds down you know.

It bloody hurts.;)

Oh car driver....Thankyou very much last night but I had no intention of swerving into your path.I knew you were behind me cheers for being alert.

threefingerjoe

Über Member
Yeah, I'm still commuting, too. Not ready to hang up the bike for the winter, yet. I know what you mean about those "play" cyclists. They're easy to spot. They're the ones with the USELESS bikes....no mudguards, no rack, no lights... ;-)

Not ready to hang up the bike for the winter, yet.

Haven't missed a workday commute for 5 years now. This year, I'm planning on switching from tourer to mtb for the first time when the snow comes. Quite looking forward to seeing how it handles in comparison.

Just ice that I hate... :tongue:

Plax

Guru
I've just done my last commute of the year today too - I was adamant I was going to work on the bike today regardless of the weather. Luckily it was quite mild and I didn't get a nasty headwind until near the end.
So I've managed to rack uo 377 miles since I started cycling on the 28th August.
I've worked out if I cycle 5 days a week to work for 52 weeks then I'd rack up 2080 miles. However given holidays, really bad weather etc then I'm going to aim for 1040 miles in 2008. Should be achievable!

beanzontoast said:
What's wierd is seeing people out cycling for fun when I'm doing the work run either way - still can't get used to it!

What I found wierd was cycling from work @ 10pm on Christmas night There was nobody around I had the roads all to myself :smile:

I had all the idots to myself tonight on my late commute back.Two dodgy buses...One 48 kamikaze bus at Liverpool Street was he still pissed from christmas day? A 69 bus that passed too close with a bus coming the other way on the bridge at Leyton Station...What the feck were you on?

Two left hooks (one cycling in and one on the return) with both motorists signalling before doing the offending maneuver and a boy racer who decided he wouldn't run me down when he was trying to overtake on the inside near PC World on the Mile End Road.

Eventful commute coming back

I started off with good intentions today - kit all out ready, lights fully charged. However, one look out of the window was enough to put me off. Wet, grey and cold. The steady rain as I drove in confirmed my decision.

Top Bottom