Last ride in RRTY series.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I am doing the last 200 ride of my first attempt at RRTY tommorow so wish me luck. Forecast was for rain up until yesterday and now they are forecasting sun and light winds, yippee .

Will be billy no mates again as only just managed to get the time off by swapping some shifts etc. Being a shift worker on weekend rota and having family commitments makes RRTY a bit stressful some months so wont continue after this (presuming it goes ok and I get back in time.)

Probably still do loads of Audax rides but wont have the pressure of needing at least one every month.

Nuncio

Über Member
And? Done?

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

And? Done?

Sadly not. A dose of sickness and diarhoea had me phoning for a lift about 3/4 of the way round.

I felt so rough I couldnt continue with the cold sweats and shakes as well. It really hit me going back over the Severn Bridge cycle path. I think one cyclist thought I was planning to jump off as I had been leaning on the handrail for some time with a grim expression. He wouldnt go despite me telling him I was ok then finally rode off looking worried.Kind of restores your faith in human nature that someone cares about a stranger but at the time I just wanted him to pi$$ off.^_^

I guess I have been lucky in that this is the first ride I havent completed.Got some serious ducking and diving to do now to get time off for another 200 and hopefully to do the CC trans cambrian ride as well.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Did another DIY 200 on Monday. Was carefull what I eat and got round successfully. So subject to validating I can call myself a RRTY.

Did a different route this time to avoid coming back through rush hour traffic around Newport and Cardiff which is never a pleasant finish to any ride. This time I started /finished in Magor.Controls at Clevedon ,.Somerton ,Clevedon again then back.Only one major hill each way climbing over the Mendips at Shipham.

Felt really good rolling into Magor Services knowing I had not only completed the ride but the RRTY as well.

Top Bottom