Late 70's Peugeot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Firestorm

Veteran
I posted query some while ago about upgrading my old Pug.
After a lot of procrastination I have decided to replace it and will need to unload the Pug paricularly as Mrs FS will not be swayed by N+1.
Before I start , I would appreciate some advice, having never sold a bike before.
How much, if anything, could I realistically get and what is the best way to sell ?
Its a 12 speed in fair cosmetic condition , its roadworthy .having been serviced about a year ago and hardly ridden since and garaged

Thanks

@biggs682 is the resident purveyor of vintage bicycles.

I have no doubt he'll be along soon with some sage advice :thumbsup:

PS: pics will certainly help anyone who would like to give advice on price.

OP
OP
Firestorm

Firestorm

Veteran
umyja2u4.jpg

jejarypu.jpg

va9a2u7a.jpg

Finally got some pics up

HovR

Über Member
It depends really. Are the cables, tires, bar tape, hoods, chain, brake blocks, bearings etc good? Even better if they are modern replacements, as these items have been improved a fair bit since the late 70's, and refurbishing an old bike with new consumables can make it a really nice ride. If the consumables are good and you put a bit of work in to cleaning and doing routine maintenance (i.e. grease wheel bearings, BB, headset etc) then you could probably realistically ask around £80 to £100.

KneesUp

Guru
My Peugeot is late 70's - I think yours is mid 80's OP - it's be 10 speed and not have internal cabling otherwise I think?

Last edited:

Canrider

Guru
I had one like that minus the internal cabling, and it did make a very nice fixed. The frame is AFAIK just straight-gauge chromoly despite the aspirational stickers.

Ciar

Veteran
The only racer i ever owned, was this model back in the mid 80's i had it for precisely 3 weeks before it was knicked from school ;-)

Steve Malkin

Veteran
If the Shimano 105 chainset and derailleurs are original equipment rather than later replacements then the date of the bike must be after 1986 because that was the first year the 105 groupset was available.

Top Bottom