Late 70's Peugeot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
70s Pugs usually had externally lugged frames and French threading from the ones I've seen. That is almost certainly 80s.

Check for a serial number. My understanding is that Peugeot didn't usually put one on until 1980.

KneesUp

Guru
70s Pugs usually had externally lugged frames and French threading from the ones I've seen. That is almost certainly 80s.

Check for a serial number. My understanding is that Peugeot didn't usually put one on until 1980.
I think they were stamped on the BB for ages, then they started being stamped on a plate on the BB in the 70s and by the very late 70's/80's they'd taken to stamping them on the frame again - mine has a serial number on the drive-side drop out on the back.

OP
OP
Firestorm

Firestorm

Veteran
The earliest I can find for a 12 speed with internal cabling is 1984 - http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp271/qeugeot/1984nl/1984nl_11.jpg

You have a generous brother :smile:

It was his racing bike. I saw him ride a town centre crit at Rayleigh on it in 86 then he upgraded and gave it to me at xmas , may have been 87...
He is the one who takes after Dad (I have mentioned him before) .
He has just taken over mtb-direct and put this together for me.
ymygeraq.jpg

OP
OP
Firestorm

Firestorm

Veteran
Ok
not touched it in a year, if I ever get back on a road bike it will be a new one.
I doubt I would get much for it if I advertised it so I would rather it give to someone who is a bit of an enthusiast so, does anyone onhere fancy it.
Im in Southend, drop me I line if you want it

compo

Veteran
I'm in Harlow and have been looking for a road bike doer upper for a while but they all go for silly prices. I would be interested in your Pug if still available.

OP
OP
Firestorm

Firestorm

Veteran
I have had interest , but they do require packing and couriering , and tbh, I havent had the time to go to halfords to see if they have the nessecary packaging going spare.
if you could collect that would be preferable....

compo

Veteran
I have had interest , but they do require packing and couriering , and tbh, I havent had the time to go to halfords to see if they have the nessecary packaging going spare.

Thanks for that, collection is no problem. I have a car and Harlow isn't far from Southend, or should that be Southend isn't far from Harlow ? What sort of money are you asking for it?

OP
OP
Firestorm

Firestorm

Veteran
You have a pm

compo

Veteran
A thank you to @Firestorm for the Pug, it will do me a treat. Much appreciated.

Further to the earlier discussions on here it is all British threaded, thankfully. It will have to have a paint as the rust has got under the paint so I have stripped the frame ready for rubbing down.

OP
OP
Firestorm

Firestorm

Veteran

"]A thank you to @Firestorm for the Pug, it will do me a treat. Much appreciated.

Further to the earlier discussions on here it is all British threaded, thankfully. It will have to have a paint as the rust has got under the paint so I have stripped the frame ready for rubbing down.[/QUOTE]
You are more than welcome, pleased to see It go to a good home. Shame about the rust ...
Glad to hear its british threads, not that I have a scooby what that means., I hope you enjoy it.
Thanks for the Wine, that will go down well

Top Bottom