Late to the Party, Gin and Tonics ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This is a locally produced gin. Not wonderful but it's only 10cedis (about £1.50) a bottle.

70566037c11d680e89d5c2742d1ce64cbe44ee58.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Aldi Gin keeps winning awards in 'blind' tastings, even the 'under a tenner' variety. :cheers:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Aldi own label is indeed a good gin, although we're currently on their Needle Black Forest Gin, which is noticeably 'sprucey' and 47%. I like it with tonic and a drop or three of Angostura (although I've run out :sad:), whereas SWMBO likes it with elderflower syrup and tonic, or just an elderflower fizzy water.

To me gin tastes how I imaged petrol to taste. Mrs D loves the stuff.

Tastes nothing like it.

DAMHIK

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
But doesn't most everyone mix it? Apart from @Spiderweb of course. Cant imagine drinking it neat.:headshake:
The Bruni collins gin is the only gin I would drink neat, it has such an intense beautiful flavour, a bit liqueur like and quite sweet. All other gins I would mix with various tonics, maybe a slither of cucumber or even a flamed piece of orange peel.

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I know nothing about Gin, and don’t buy it for home, I occasionally have one though when out. It’s nice.

I was given a bottle of Hendricks in April and I have had one shot of it so far, with tonic and cucumber. Lovely.

It’ll last me years probably, I do like a drink now and then, but my dilemma is that fundamentally alcohol is a poison and really shouldn’t be anywhere near your insides.

Not drinking alcohol won’t make me live longer, it’ll just feel like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom